Moeraki

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

What area or depth is the norm for Blue Cod in the Moeraki area?

Also are there any hidden surprises boaties without gps should know about?

yellowfin
    Participant

Get the spot x book it should inform you, My boss heads there often might try pry his brain a bit tomorrow

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Sweet as mate, thanx for that.
    Not sure about Spot-X books, anyone can get the book and fish out those specific spots. Good thought just the same.
    I am in particular wondering about shallow reefs etc (like off Tauranga :roll: ) that one may run into when least expected.

rdeejay
    Participant

i knew some cobbers who have fished off moeraki in the boat(my bro included) but trying to find out where they went etc is nigh on impossible now cos they all relocated thanks to the damn EQ’s and i know they recorded GPS spots, finding out that info is another story.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

lovely blue cod reef off the headland half a k straight out to sea-then half a km towards shag point’ bit deep to anchor..just drift if the weather allows :grin: quite often working birds mark the place..

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Mouth wateringly good, thanks for that! :D

wildharvest
    Participant

You’ll do well off Moeraki without marks. The bull kelp marks all the reefs so just drift around it. There’s no hidden reef that I’m aware of. The reef discussed above is called fish reef. Its 3-4 miles SE of the head. The North side usually has easily seen breakers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.