mice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

when will be the next mouse year ????

sick of waiting

Miliwolf
    Participant

I recently purchased a dozen mice, keen to give them a fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

best fly i have in my box my uncle once showed me how to fish them when where and how and man does it work middle of day early morn afternoon doesnt matter

baitman
    Participant

Can you give us some tips Tom?

yellowfin
    Participant

people say they only work at night but i find day works even better after you have chucjed drys and nymphs at fish and they dont look or reject em all put a cast over them make sure you get it at least 2 meters even 3 if you can so that they dont see it plop then strip it past them as fast as a live mouse would swim so it would all depend on the current and if possiable cast to the bank side of them so that it looks like the mouse has just jumoed it the water and in the lakes i only find it works if they are right in close within two metres of the bank again cast way ahead of them of even behind them works well then slow small fast stips if that makes sence and remember its not like drys or nymphs iv never had them on the second cast as they will see it and if they want it theyl grab it normally very agressive takes to

baitman
    Participant

thanks what about the surrounding vegitation/conditions are we talking bush , grasslands or does it matter?

yellowfin
    Participant

baitman

baitman
    Participant

great thanks I’ll give it a crack

baitman
    Participant

great thanks I’ll give it a crack

Miliwolf
    Participant

Do they work well in non mouse years?

yellowfin
    Participant

yes very good i mean they take em in a mouse year so there is no reason they wont take them any other season

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.