looking for fishing guide south island near Christchurch?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hi,

I will be in Christchurch for a few days around Dec 2-5 traveling back to the US from Antarctica. I am big into fishing on the East coast of the US anything from tuna-marlin, to freshwater, surfcasting, even trout streams, does not matter to me what is available, I would just like to fish for a day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hiring a guide for a day in that area? sadly I will not have a car. I have read about surfcasting for elephant fish, that looks really cool. There was also a guides website that did trout fishing in rivers somewhere around there.

Feel free to ask any questions, this will be my first visit to NZ and I would love to stay longer but I am limited to the 2 day layover in Christchurch.

And if anyone ever need info on fishing the east coast of the US near Ocean city MD or the Chesapeake bay shoot me a PM!

Thanks in advance.

yellowfin
    Participant

All I’ll say is Elephant Fish is delishhhhh. Plenty of them up and down the coast between Christchurch and Dunedin. Standard fish in most Fish n Chip shops when the season is right….think we coming into it now if I’m right.

Giller
    Participant

Malcolm Bell from Complete angler or complete outdoors does guiding but from what i hear its not cheap BUT he does deliver on Trophy sized Trout . just follow this link to get to his info.
    http://www.google.co.nz/#q=complete+outdoors

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, I will check his link, Any other suggestions are welcome!

Looking forward to seeing NZ!

fishforpot
    Participant

There will be plenty of fisho’s on here able to take you somewhere …. timing is perfect of ele’s .

Could do it myself ….just a matter of the weather playing ball giving decent conditions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.