Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Still can not edit posts

yellowfin
    Participant

This comes up when i try to edit

Sorry, you do not have permission to edit your own posts in this forum. You may probably perform this action after you login[/url:6xuy5arl]. If you are not a member, you can register here. If you are already logged in then the administrator of the board does not allow this action. Should you have any questions, please contact [url=http://mailto:allan@fishingmag.co.nz]allan@fishingmag.co.nz.

yellowfin
    Participant

OK I’ll take another look. Thanks Yellowfin.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m sure I’ve fixed the problem. Please have another go at editing a post. Let me know if there’s still a problem. Thanks Yellowfin.

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks. Its working now

yellowfin
    Participant

Just went to go fishing at the fishing platform at Lyttleton and they are fencing the whole area off so can’t get there anymore, why did they build the thing then??? No fishing there now….unless once they’ve finished whatever they are doing the open the area up again?

Went fishing at one of the yacht clubs instead near shag rock and got 4 or 5 mullet. LOL.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi. Just back from fishing in timaru. I got heaps of yellow eyed mullet since most of my rods i had out for

yellowfin
    Participant

Here is one of the Tarakihi i got…

yellowfin
    Participant

Awesome re the Tarakih!

Any notes you can tell how you caught them? What bait did they take? Ledger rig? and what size hooks?

Good to hear about the red cod to. Timaru looks like a great place to fish, am going to head down on Wed afternoon for a fish.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

I wasnt targeting the Tarakihi at all. I caught them on tiny size #14 trout hooks intended for yellow eyed mullet and i was using chicken heart for bait. But if you are going to target them i would use a 3 hook ledger rig with 1/0 – 3/0 hooks and any shellfish for bait and with that you might even get a moki if they are still around there.

yellowfin
    Participant

You can also buy Tarakihi Terror Flasher 3/0 Rigs at some tackle stores that should work realy well. And also i found that using a bit of burley or using a burley bomb that you can buy at the supermarket in the bait section works well.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Zac,
    awesome catch! didn’t know you could get tarakihi that far south. Try the stimulate burley pellets too have found they work a treat on tarakihi in the sounds.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes st_paul i have even caught

yellowfin
    Participant

and what a shame its only tuesday.. as the saying goes….. so many fish..so few sickies

yellowfin
    Participant

Ahh, but I have the day off tomorrow and I shall go to Timaru! See what I can get.

Going fishing in Akaroa Harbour again today to see what is there, not the main town wharf but the one on the Onawa Peninsula (can’t remember how to spell it).

It’s day time so not sure if I’ll get anything but we’ll see.

Cheers
    Aaron

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.