Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

IMO I think if the weather/swell looks marginal at this time of year, I wouldnt bother going out. Water temp needs to get up abit to reallt temp me

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have more confidence in Swellmap then marineweather, might be going down to kaikoura on sunday. But what shark_tale said is right.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea the waimak hasnt been looking flash for a few weeks now. so i havnt bothered fishing there.

yellowfin
    Participant

Might see you at Kaikoura Miliwolf, haven’t decided exactly where I’ll be fishing yet, probably in front of the railway station during the day (depending on conditions). Anyone fished there at night time?
    I just got an eel out of the fridge to cook, and it’s turned pale grey and smells like a swamp. Might use it as bait.

Miliwolf
    Participant

At this stage I would be heading down on Saturday, mainly kayak fishing. Then afterwards would go for a dive and maybe a moki fish at the wharf unless it is closed for construction.

yellowfin
    Participant

Closed for construction? nice one. I thought they were going to wait until it fell apart.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Last time I was there they had the ‘poles’ and a crane there, I assume they were ready to start the work on the upgrade. That was a few months ago now.

yellowfin
    Participant

aaron and i fished off the whaleway station beach just into dark on night and we got a moki there but didnt stay till total dark as we went tio the wharf then

Miliwolf
    Participant

I fished the whale watch wharf one night for nothing, well I went to the New wharf, old Wharf and whale watch wharf but caught nothing. I moved around because the wind was gusty and kept changing directions.

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a cast at amberley this morning. got 2 skate in about 30 minutes was fishing two rods one with pillie on it the other with mackeral also got acouple of small school sharks then got doggies so av up at that point. the skate werent overly great . well compared to that one that that lady got on this site lol. they were about 60cm across maybe nd maybe about 70cm across. one looked just like the one io got at kaiakoura with the forum last time it was real sick and had a real bad smell to it

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went down to kaikoura, started with a kayak fish but caught nothing. The sea was rolling in two directions. Then went to the wharf for a couple of hours around high tide, caught a small KY and a wrasse.

edit.

There is now three Cranes parked near the new wharf and a container. Certain the construction of the new wharf must start shortly.

yellowfin
    Participant

what were u using for bait mili??

Migh head out again 2morrow somewhere not too sure where yet but im sure ill work something out

Miliwolf
    Participant

Raw prawn

yellowfin
    Participant

yea ive found raw prawn to be rfairly average really…cooked much better for some unknown reason… maybe its moe visable being orange? or then when its cooked its more white that more clearish

Miliwolf
    Participant

They both work for me, caught my biggest Moki on raw, caught heaps of small/average ones on cooked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.