Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Headed back to the pier last night, only got a few doggies. Only saw one cod being caught

Just to add biggest cod on sat was 64cm and 2kg.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Couple of hours surfcasting at cloudy bay, 2 smalll doggies.

Bring on Summer :(

Atleast the sea run trout are only a month or two off :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I had a couple of short fishing sessions during my week working in Auckland, before getting driven away by very heavy rain, didn’t get anything, just small bites. I went to Orakei wharf and there were lots of guys there trying to catch squid. I went under the harbour bridge and found that the stuck up yacht clubs down there don’t allow fishing in their area, and just outside of the yacht clubs you can’t fish from 9:30pm-6am.

Sevengillz
    Participant

ha typical :roll: Maybe if you pulled up in a benz sporting an armani suit you wouldve been right :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I forget the exact reason why fishing was banned there, something regarding the safety of the public.

yellowfin
    Participant

sup fellas..just got back from my europen trip. got one wee bit of fishing in . saw a river with literally thousands of trout in it all of about 7 cm then had a small water fall with maybe 20 2kg trout sitting at the bottm. i got a cople of small browns and a small carp but was still all good

yellowfin
    Participant

Welcome back Greg! :)

Heading out for a fish tomorow, round banks peninsula somewere. Bought a new rod and reel, a TICA TC2 Graphite rod and shimano Aernos XT loaded with braid. Really sensitive rod, light moki fishing setup. Weather tomorow doesnt look to bad, light winds evening high tide.

yellowfin
    Participant

thanks steve. went for a fish to the waimak mouth last night got about 15 red cod. all too small to really bother about though so released them all

yellowfin
    Participant

Went down to Birdlings yesterday, weather wasnt to bad but the swell was a little to big so only chased out about 3 times!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Still waiting for spring. Soon the doggies would leave and the lemons would return.

St_Paul
    Participant

Yup, hangin out for the snaps to come back! went for a bit of a fish yesterday in picton harbour. bugger all about despite a healthy burley trail. Another fella nearby managed to foul hook a monkfish on a fly which was quite a surprise.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I been hitting the river mouths hard with the fly rod but caught nothing so far…

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just been looking at the sea temps on swellmap and cloudy bay appears to be around 15c, Have no idea how they collect the information but assuming the data is correct we might start getting more interesting species soon. Clifford bay is still around 14.3c and it is even colder further south.

http://www.swellmap.com/charts.php

edit: Just read a few reports from this time last year. The first rig was reported early september, then quite a few mullets and the odd KY being caught.

I believe that on the 1st of September last year we did our kaikoura trip and Booger caught his Salmon.

yellowfin
    Participant

and aarongot that ky

St_Paul
    Participant

with the weather the way it is at the moment looks as if the rivermouths will be a no go for a bit. Its absolutely teeming down in picton right now! The wairau looked too thick to drink and too thin to plough. will this rain never end!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.