Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Tonight, very true. I gotta go to bed!

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

lol hav a good one m8 might see u out on the water some day

yellowfin
    Participant

btw aaron ur into your weather aint you? i think i reconise a couple of you pics eg the funnel cloud

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi HEAD

Also to note last night at Akaroa, there were some people that left about 10 minutes after we arrived and they got a moki! I was talking to a guy there who said a moki had been caught and I had assumed whoever caught it had allready left so didn’t ask much more about it, then found out they were there for a short period when we were there. I would’ve asked them more about it but oh well. But that’s pretty cool to hear!

Re the weather:

That funnel cloud was cool! First one Steve (friend who goes storm chasing with me) and I had seen. Was exciting!! Was a fairly small funnel in the end though. We got right underneath it but that funnel wasn’t out at that point.

I didn’t take that lighting photo on the 14th Feb 2004, I remember the night well though. I’m not sure if it was the particular bolt that hit the merry go round you mention, could’ve been but there’s no way to tell really…

I’ve taken better photo’s of lightning since, but want to redo that site sometime so haven’t put any new reports up. Here’s a link to some pics I took on the 5th Jan last year, 9th post down on this page:

http://www.weatherforum.org.nz/forum/vi … c&start=20

Hopefully a few pics sometime this afternoon or this evening.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Here’s a few pics. The mullet about 1 foot long (I’ve got biggish hands! lol)

And the poor old cod, he was a bit slimy like alot of fish get like when they are caught but was in good condition. Also the fact I sliced into his head! It produced two nice fillets anyway.

yellowfin
    Participant

Second pic.

yellowfin
    Participant

Mullet might’ve been a bit under a foot, I’m not sure. Was biggish anyway.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Just cooked up that cod at my mates, absolutely great tasting!

Just cooked in a frying pan with some butter, then added some salt and pepper. A little lemon to finish off.

As far as I’m concerned I need to catch more red cod!

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

lol sweet. went tothe pier last night alot of school sharks were caught while i was there and only two or

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from fishing in timaru again. Didn’t get any Red Cod just a couple dogfish. Got a bucket full of Yellow Eyed Mullet ready for the next fishing trip. I will probably go again in the weekend sometime.

yellowfin
    Participant

I tried the wharf at Kaikoura last sunday night.Got my first moki on a rod but it was only 38cm.The size is 40cm for blue moki and lucky I released it cos not an hour later a fisheries officer turned up and this was about 11pm.I got it on a whole raw prawn.That was all I got that night but seen a few barracouta harrasing some garfish and saw a goodsize tarakihi but couldnt get em.Hope the weathers good this weekend and we’ll try again

yellowfin
    Participant

Saturday the weather is clearing with fresh southwesterlies easing and any morning showers clearing sort of thing. Sunday should be settled.

Sounds awsome re the moki, I spose it makes sense with the prawn. Crayfish is a favoured bait for moki and a prawn is a similar area of sea life, if you get whay I mean. Good stuff. So many places to fish! So little time.

Sigh..

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

If you get “what” I mean, not whay. Can’t edit for some reason?

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

I can’t seem to edit any posts either. It’s annoying because everytime i make a mistake or want to change something i can’t. It think Yellowfin the admin has set it so knowbody can edit thier posts. I know that it was possible because i have seen old posts on here that have been edited. I will probably be going down to Timaru again this weekend some time if the weather is all good. Hope to get a few more red cod and some more yellow eyed mullet for bait.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Guys,

You should be able to edit your own posts as I have not changed the settings. Please email me if you are still unable to edit your posts.

Best wishes Yellowfin:D

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.