Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

What are the odds of me meeting paris hilton tonight?

A important element of the past:
    [b:3jlul95u]Death, when reversed[/b:3jlul95u]: Stagnation or petrifaction. The refusal to let go of the past. Resistance to change because of fear.

deciding element of the present
    [b:3jlul95u] Nine of Swords (Cruelty):[/b:3jlul95u] Debilitating mental anguish or ill health. Being dragged down by the dishonor of others. Participation in a shameful or regrettable act. Inescapable guilt, mistrust, and doubt. May indicate a death or other catastrophic loss.

and the future holds
    [b:3jlul95u] The Hanged Man, when reversed[/b:3jlul95u]: Life in suspension. Selfish, materialistic, and untrusting attitudes. Unwillingness to make necessary sacrifices. Going along with the crowd, and refusing to hear the inner voice. Concessions and appeasements that backfire.

So to summarise…. It is difficult to tell odds because that is not how tarot works. But three out of three cards were negative. You would not be meeting paris hilton tonight.

[b:3jlul95u]what are the odds of me catching a kingfish[/b:3jlul95u]

The past: [Knight of Pentacles, when reversed[/b] Basically means a “Lack of imagination and the complete unwillingness to try a different approach”

The present [b:3jlul95u]Death[/b:3jlul95u] A major change or transformation, possibly traumatic and unexpected. Freedom from the shackles of the past. A new beginning. Death coupled with rebirth, usually related to consciousness and lifestyle.

The future [b:3jlul95u]Ace of Cups[/b:3jlul95u] The seed of a new relationship or spiritual journey – perhaps as yet unseen. An opportunity for joy, contentment, fertility, or enlightenment. Coming to understand the emotional needs of those around you. May represent an unexpected message, a chance meeting, or the start of a friendship or romance.

mmmmm…. So in the past you have failed because you refuse to try a difference approach… You would experience a major change of transformation, a new beginning. The future is possitive, but it is only the start of the journey. So I suspect a change of lifestyle and maybe technquie would improve your future chances of landing a kingfish. (You certainly love the Death Card)

[b:3jlul95u]why is the earth round?[/b:3jlul95u]
    Tarots can not provide a answer of fact just guidance.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a fish today for about a hour got about 25 mulet of all sizes a couple of real small kaiwhai and got a sole of about 30 the sole was absolutly beautiful to eat as well :P

yellowfin
    Participant

I got a pretty big kahawai from the waimak early this morning. Any suggestions on cooking it? I haven’t got a smoker and can’t be bothered making a fish pie.

Miliwolf
    Participant

fillet it then cook in the frying pan. Could also butter it first… Heaps of options.

Or cook the fish whole in the oven with lemon, salt….. might need to wrap it in tinfoil to keep the moisture in.

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll fillet and fry the big one, and cook the smaller ones whole in the oven.

Sevengillz
    Participant

yo,
    Whats been happening on the coast lately? much if anything at all?
    I havnt been out for atleast a couple of months now and havnt really checked out any beaches either. :sad:
    At a guess id say the reds are about now and prob a fair number of them? If not they wont be far off.
    Gonna have to get out there and stock up on some nice big red fillets for the warmer months.
    I cant get over how fast this season has come and now it feels like I wasted the prime shark time.Oh well I cant say I never tried.
    Its was a fairly quiet summer for me with not as many half decent sharks as the summer before.
    A couple of small Sevengillers and about a dozen Schoolies over 4ft long and a few other bits n pieces was about all I got over the xmas holidays and the 1 or 2 months following.
    How did everyone else get on?
    Im sorta hangin out to get down to Seaview or Parikawa ways to spend a night under the full moon……..pulling in reds I spose :roll:
    Oh well might head into me garage to play with my tackle box now….. :mrgreen:

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhh i havnt heard yet . id say the reds are a nother few weeks away in big numbers but there maybe a couple around atm havnt really tried very seriously l8ly

Miliwolf
    Participant

My season… Using all fishing methods.

During the spring I believe I caught a Red Cod surfcasting at the Wairau… Had several trips down to the mouths after sea run trout and KY but mainly only caught small ones. At seaview I caught a couple of fish and a skate. Mid October caught a Sea gull at Kaikouria.

Mid Summer, Caught a 3kg Moki and a couple of rigs. Caught a large tope on New Years eve, and a few days later a big KY from the surf. Got a few dogfish, small tope ect…..

After Xmas I really concentrated on the Kayak fishing and landed a few Snapper and KY. Also Blue cod and gurnard. Shore based fishing for Snapper produced nothing all summer. A few weeks ago the red cod arrived in big numbers so I decided to put the surf rods away.

Had a great night catching Moki at Kaikouria. Had several good nights catching KY on the fly at the diversion. Probably would concentrate on trolling from now on… Maybe a few trips out to the rocks to targer Moki and Butterfish.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Good stuff.
    I ended up with about 3 moki and 2 snapper from the shore and all the usuall species from the boat.Even a couple of sevengillers from the Rangitotos but they dont count :wink: because the challenge is finding them off the beach!
    How would you compare the summer fishing for you with the summer before?
    It was poor for me so hopefully another 6 or 7 months and we are into it……properly :roll:

yellowfin
    Participant

i found it not tooo bad gaught a good range of species etc didnt get out nearly as much as i woulda liked hut hey winter fishing can stillproduce some summer species at times although not nearly enough

Miliwolf
    Participant

This is the first time I have done any serious Surfcasting. In previous years it was mainly spinning for trout/KY, Fly fishing for trout and excessive amount of spearfishing.

I did not experience any massive schools of KY this year which was a shame. I spent enough time down there and really only had good KY fishing during 1 trip.

yellowfin
    Participant

It was my first season, haven’t fished much in 2008, but in the year since I’ve started I’ve caught about 20 different types of fish from beaches and wharves around Canterbury. A boat would be nice! Highlights were a 51kg sevengill, a 4.5kg salmon, and a 6.5kg rig.
    Don’t know if I’ll bother renewing my freshwater license though.. the salmon season was supposably the best in 10 years but it seemed pretty inconsistent to me, might give Lake Coleridge a try though.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yeah I saw a couple of decent workups at Seaview around mid Febuary but I cant say I got anything out of them.I got a few Kahawai at the bus stop on the lower Wairau but nothing of size really.
    Im not a fan of Red cod really either but it was the red cod fillets that done the damage on a majority of the sharks I did get over the summer so im gonna stock up over winter.
    Like TFG said,there may still be the odd fish around that shouldve moved off by now so heres hoping.
    I spose the good points of winter fishing still out-weigh the bad.Like the weather and sea tend to be alot calmer more often,there is atleast still fish there to catch and you dont get so wasted over by the sun sitting out on the shingle 8)

Miliwolf
    Participant

But for every ‘good fish’ caught during winter, I would have to release 30 Red Cod and Doggies. Tempted to have 1 more surfcast at the saltworks before the end of Autumn.

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.