Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhh saw this morning slight 2m and easing

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Sevengillz

Miliwolf
    Participant

Talking about swells, I just checked the forecast for Whangamoa and there is 4m+ waves forecasted for Saturday. That area normally has less then 1m waves….. Any idea what would be causing such rough conditions?

Most of golden bay is fairly rough. With luck french pass could be sheltered….

gunnercoops
    Participant

A couple of us are going to try our luck at Birdlings on Sunday…do those of you who fish there think that with the forecast as it is will the sea be calm enough to fish…don’t want to drive out there and then come back to ChCh again….or if its rough there is there anywhere worth trying within a shortish drive that would be worth a go?
    Thanks.

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhhhh personally i wouldnt bother to drive allthe way there appart from the fact im from kaiapoi 20 min north of chch i wouldnt with what i read with a 2m ne swell developing today/2morrow and a 1m southwest swell though maybe ok toward the cliffs abit and be shealtered from the ne but not sure bout the southerly quater swells strong ne winds as well whichthe cliff would block i wouldnt mind going tomorrow appart from it going to be windy

yellowfin
    Participant

anyone read inthe paper about ross milichamp? just shows the dangers of fishing doesnt it lets hope the guy survives

Miliwolf
    Participant

The sounds were flat all day today, look at the weather forecast and decided that it was not worth the risk to go to french pass so went to whatamango instead. DId not get any surfcasting done but paddled around for about 8 hours and caught 3 spotties and a KY while trolling. It was so calm and overcasted, got quite bad sunburn on my feet.

Might still go up to french pass tomorow. Would love to pour in the burley and get a kingfish.

Sevengillz
    Participant

The fiery ginga

Sevengillz
    Participant

Had a look down the coast yesty.The sea was dead calm all the way down to Parikawa.Fished there for a few hours and didnt even get a bite.So packed up and headed back up to seaview and there wasnt a hell of alot happening there either apart from a few doggies and a handful of schoolies.It was like glass and clean as but no decent sized sharks to be had.Maybe the rough seas we had awhile back had something to do with it.I was biffing out big and bloody fish baits all day and nothing big enough to peel a few yards off so obviously wasnt anything in the area interested in a feed.I dont plan on doin a hell of alot of fishing down the beaches over winter so hopefully something turns up over the next 3 of 4 weeks before I put surfcasters away and breakout the wharf gear.Moki will be target species for me for the next 8 months or so.They seem to be around certain spots all year-round.

yellowfin
    Participant

Sevengillz

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just gotten back from fishing the east coast, got beaten back by strong wind and big waves.

Managed to wet a line for a while at ward beach but like always failed to catch anything. That beach has a strangly low number of fish.

Most places were rough.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Popped down to seaview this morning for a couple of hours managed to carch a small rig some smallish schoolies and a couple of spinys had a takes and misses but as for anything big it wasnt happening which was strange although it sort of proved to me that the best time for the bigger moochers is in the afternoon going into the evening/night as this is when i catch all the big fish i land.

Miliwolf
    Participant

How were the seas when you were at seaview?

I did not get away until 11am because I could not decide on where to fish or what to target.

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a good night up at the Kaikoura wharf with a mate and Aaron on thursday. Plenty of fish caught, alot of just undersize moke 34-38cm were taken and put back. A few decent sized cod, spotties and banded wrasse of various varities. My mate Robb also hooked up a large Moki, est 80cm. Got it to the surface and probably third of the way up the wharf before his line snapped. I also caught a decent jack mackerel, 2.5kg and about 70cm long. Saw them attacking piper on the surface so thought i would chuck out a half prawn on the surface, and within 30sec a mackerel hit it and was caught. Saw a few more about along with barracouta and a stingy ray that was just below the surface with a big span of around 1.5m.

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Sevengillz

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.