Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

we salted our fillet first and then

Jones Jr.
    Participant

I haven’t tried any of my fish yet but I packed it well and it’s in the freezer ready to go, most likely an evening sometime this week.

That Kaiwhai I caught in Kaikoura was really good tasting, you know the one from when all us guys went up there. My Dad bread crumbed it and it tasted excellent, not sure why it seems so bad to others?

Cheers
    Aaron

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Fished the awatere surf fishing contest saturday

HookLineSinker
    Participant

And the moderate sized sevengiller

yellowfin
    Participant

Some very nice Kahawai taken at Kairaki this morning 5 that I saw, 4 spinning the other on bait. Have seen a few taken there lately.

storm
    Participant

Went out Monday night after work and caught a couple of sevengills.
    One was an 8ft the other in pic was a 10fter.

Sevengillz
    Participant

10 footer! shit thats huge! :shock:

yellowfin
    Participant

Where did you catch these? 10 foot is huge :shock: I’ve been meaning to go for a fish at one of the beaches up Timaru way for a while, but last time the sea was to rough and I just ended up fishing the wharf.

storm
    Participant

hey zac
    on the beach just north of timaru

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah i’m planning on heading down there some time. I’ve heard of quite a few seven gillers at Dorie beach, and thats only 20 minutes away. What sort of setup did you catch those seven gills on, bait, hook size etc?

storm
    Participant

not sure of the hook size but there the biggest in the shop ! there about 7 bucks each and

yellowfin
    Participant

I think I payed about $9 for one of the hooks I have, but its only 8/0. I will have to buy some more steel trace somewhere before I make up any more traces.

storm
    Participant

just finished making up

well great stuff storm thats a great shark. have many have you caught

yellowfin
    Participant

As soon as this weather clears up and the sea is calm enough I will have a couple trips down to Timaru, maybe around the pareora area.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.