Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

same family of fish as the spottie!!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

If you ever go for a dive, I suspect you would find, atleast on the eastcoast rocky shoreline that Banded Wrasse would be the most common ‘large’ fish in the shallows. They are very plentiful.

yellowfin
    Participant

I guess The Banded Wrasse would mistakenly be called a spotty quite alot. Heading out for a surfcast this evevning, taking gf for the first time. Although she calls it a picnic! :P

yellowfin
    Participant

just got home from kaikoura with aaron had a great time

Sevengillz
    Participant

Jeez now thats a mixed bag! Sounds like you fella’s had a good run down there.What did you catch the moki on mate?

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhhh scallops mussles prawns and

Sevengillz
    Participant

ha the ol shellfish seducer! No wonder. Havnt been to that wharf since August or there abouts,must make a trip down there if its goin off.

Prawns,mussels and cray I can manage but the scallops would be goin in my mouth not the moki’s :P

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Bought a cray to see how wonderful this bait would be, got one smallish moki on it so had to put back. Got no other moki on it. Scallops…..I’d say put them in your mouth to, they worked for greg with a nice moki off the beach (mind you combined with a bit of prawn on the same hook!). So yeah….

That narrows it down to mussel and prawn as the best bait for moki :). Will post more on this cool trip tomorrow with a few pics.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Went down to Timaru wharf today. Got about 50 mullet overall, and came back with 48 minus the ones I used for bait. Some massive schools of good size mullet were around some of the boats that came in. Other than the mullet, just got a few baby red cod. No carpet sharks this time.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Jones Jr.

Sevengillz
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

Went Bailyes beach this evening. In all about 15 Grey Boys caught. biggest est 75cm. All put back, also to note only caught 2 doggies, its been a good summer having caught bugger all of the fellows.

Miliwolf
    Participant

What size hooks and bait did you catch the butterfish on?

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went to the beach with the partner on friday evening and there wasnt alot happening in fact i only managed a small spiny and a skate it was strangely quiet for an evening incoming tide. But my partner had some better luck she managed to get a redcod and then a good school shark all 13kg’s of it, this gave the cheap xmas rod (a kilwell import fiberglass)

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhhh thebutterfish were caught on about a size 14 or 16 trout hook with tiny bits of mussel on the hook who says you catch butterfish on sea weed lol

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.