Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    Sevengillz
    Participant

The fiery ginga

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went to a salty location again yesterday and caught several school sharks, one keeper and to big red cod released. Hooked up on a big shark (rig,schoolshark? dontknow) that surfaced when it took the bait and the headed for wellington managed to turn it and gain some line but it was only on a nylon trace so couldnt put to much pressure on the result i thought it broke through but found the bugger managed to spit the hookv it was large when i seen it break the surface (id say it was easily over 10kgs and took a prawn bait). Then a while later had something pick up a spottie and alsmost take my rod withit, it drop it and then tookit again while i had my back turned, but managed break/bite off the leader line above my trace- bugger!

There were surprisingly no spinys caught for three hours fishing just schoolys and a few red cod. So i looks like the fishing is hot and should be from now through to mid march.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Sounds like either good rig or sharks.I must try that spot.Im waiting until the tides come round a bit.I noticed so far this

yellowfin
    Participant

[b:1hr1b2je]I’d be keen to know how ya get on.. I’ve got another week off and have time to spare :D[/b:1hr1b2je]

HookLineSinker
    Participant

I dont fish that often now

tracknz
    Participant

vip_yo

Sevengillz
    Participant

I never used to worry about the tides cos I could sit there all day long and fish through the change of tides.Ive been taking note of when the pups (small schoolies

Miliwolf
    Participant

When I caught my large tope, the next cast on the same bait landed a baby school shark. But one fish does not make a trend. I was using 4/0 hooks.

I only have the motivation to spend 3 or 4 hours fishing, then I get bored or hungry. So do not have the time to notice different tides.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve been saving the red cod I get in Timaru for shark bait, since I don’t really like eating them that much. At the moment i’ve got a wire trace set up with a 8/0 hook ready to target seven gillers. So far i’ve caught three Carpet sharks on it. I copied I design you posted a while back sevengillz, but changed it around a bit

yellowfin
    Participant
    [quote:10xii53u]I only have the motivation to spend 3 or 4 hours fishing
    If your going to get hungry thats why you take food with you. I somehow don’t get bored while fishing, even if i’m not catching anything. Sometimes I go fishing at about 9 and stay till midnight, so I think the longest i’ve fished was only 15 hours, but I still don’t seem to get bored.
    yellowfin
    Participant

zac

Sevengillz
    Participant

Miliwolf

Sevengillz
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

This one here is the one I copied https://fishingmag.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?id=74

Only thing thats different is that the sinker isn’t running. I will try draw a picture and post what I have.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.