Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

nah i dont really want to catch one of them lol not my type of fish last time i got one i had a mate stand on its to i could kill it for bait and it slipped out from his foot and slapped me across the face with its tail lol

yellowfin
    Participant

The rain is clearing but its still cold

yellowfin
    Participant

I forgot to say i think there has been a few rig as well so if you have any crabs use them and you might get one

yellowfin
    Participant

yea it was quite a cold wind down at the mak

yellowfin
    Participant

Another thing i forgot to say is that there has also been

yellowfin
    Participant

ive heard reports from a old bloke i was talking to yesterday said a few elephant fish have been caught around lately he didnt exactly say where but said a few have been caught from leithfeild and amberley.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yea a few red cod wouldnt be too ba i guess they will start showing up again in the next month or two

yellowfin
    Participant

[user=108]St_paul[/user]

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yea thats pretty cool. when i go fishing i usually take half a dozen different baits eg pillie squid bonito trev mussel and mullet i dont swear by one bait like alot of people do . but mullet is proberbly the easiest for me to come by. i havnt tried prawn yea

yellowfin
    Participant

although fishing for mullet

yellowfin
    Participant

St_paul also got a rig on a prawn at wakanui. I have not ried prawns yet but i was planing on trying them next time i go to wakanui beach

yellowfin
    Participant

i have tried scallops that you buy at the supermarket in the seafood section before just tied on with bait elastic they worked really well for cod and

yellowfin
    Participant

way up the kaiapoi where it branches into 3 streams the mullet used to get so thick up there that you

yellowfin
    Participant

what size were the cod you

yellowfin
    Participant

they were probably around 40 – 50cm long

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.