Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

Thanks for that info ud make a good sales pitch i think my next reel will be one of these beasts.

Sevengillz
    Participant

haha cheers.I havnt really looked at reels since I got this one so im not too sure

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Sevengillz

Sevengillz
    Participant

yeah hopefully they are gonna be round.The marine forecast for Cook/Conway isnt looking too good neither is the outlook for the few days following.:X

yellowfin
    Participant

How has Birdling’s been fishing lately? Was thinking of spending sunday afternoon…

Sevengillz
    Participant

Went down the ways today to get rid of some old bait.Missed the tide and only come away with one decent Tope and a skate.Packed up at low tide because the small school sharks and doggies started harassing me and I was getting sick of doin the whole retrieval n bait change thing every 5 minutes.The day ended on a good note though as a pair of hectors dolphins made an appearence not 20 yards from where I was standing.They dissapeared as quick as they arrived.I have posted a cupla pics of some sharks Ive got over the last fortnight or so.Nothing special just thought id give the picture thread an update. :cool:

St_Paul
    Participant

Hi guys
    am up in picton at the moment and the snapper are about, got a 12lber at a spot close to picton. plenty of kahawai and gurnard about too. softbaits seem to do the bizzo.
    will upload pic to latest pictures

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going to head to the sounds laters this afternoon. Maybe picton or maybe the Keneperu.

If the KY are about in numbers, should mean the kingfish are also about.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Floated around whatamango for a while today, caught a legal snapper. So they are there to be caught. Saw quite a few surfcasters but did not see them catch anything.

yellowfin
    Participant

if kingis are about up there now i might have to make a trip early in the new year

St_Paul
    Participant

Kingis are apparently about especially around the barges moored out in the harbour. have caught lots of small trevally which are an excellent live bait.

heres my snapper caught 21/12. ahhh grinning like an idiot!

yellowfin
    Participant

got a fairly

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yo,does anyone from up these ways know when the blindriver surfcast comp is on?

Miliwolf
    Participant

I never knew there was a blind river surfcasting competition…. Is it run by the Marlborough Surf Casting club?

Best tactic would be to bring fresh crab for the rigs and fresh Mullet or KY to try and get a large shark.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Im not sure who runs it but I know they have the prize giving at the cosy corner in seddon.I think its in early January im not sure but I do know I wanna check it out this year.Youre right there,the sharks are what ill be targeting.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.