Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

i hear eles like to take things such as pipi etc but what are they like on something like mussels? would theyt take these as well being shellfish?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Maybe, but probably would stay at home to get ready for a kayak trip tomorrow. Would probably targer sevengills on the way home.

If the wind does not pick up I would go for a fly fish this afternoon.

Every weekend I have to decide between going freshwater, Surfcasting (Coast or Sounds), kayaking or spearfishing. Although it is possible to do all these afterwork.

So always run out of time and energy.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

HookLineSinker
    Participant

I have heard of the odd report of ellies

Sevengillz
    Participant
    Mal
    Participant

Good stuff 7, I caught an 8lb Elei last night using small crabs for bait,my first for the season.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good stuff guys! Is that beach seaview?? TBH never really seen any pics what it looked like, looks bloody idea for sharks.

Might head out later this evening for a fish.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yo,If you wonderin if thats Seaview in my vid,yip it is.

The last two weekends down there have produced half a dozen of not bad sized Tope all 4ft and over,alot of large red cod

Miliwolf
    Participant

Spent the morning paddling around Kaikouria, raced a pod of dolphins for a while. Then caught about 3-4 rigs near the entrance of south bay before getting sick of them so I headed back in.

On the way home, I surfcasted for about a hour north of the three fords. Had a couple of potential bites but did not catch anything.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i was at the pier last night nothing overly decent caught just a scattering of mullet and kaiwhai a couple of small rig caught biggest maybe

yellowfin
    Participant

Think I’ll pop down to N. Brighton pier this eve and catch the late tide.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Sevengillz

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i know they do aye HLS i was looking at one about 2 hours ago for about 140 bucks

Miliwolf
    Participant

I got a Dawia emcast sport on sale last week for $129. Built like a tank, looks cool, has 33lb of drag and holds 320 yards of 25lb line and a long cast spool. It is not the smoothest reel in the world. Feels a bit ‘sluggish’ to wind but it is really just a work horse.

The sale has now ended, and they are back to their old price of $175.00

Sevengillz
    Participant

Hey, Ive only had this reel for a year and so far no

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.