Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    tracknz
    Participant

Excellent wiz although I might have to stop telling you guys these things so there are some left for me.

St_Paul
    Participant

Got 4 rig at wakanui yesterday all on cooked prawn (currently on special at countdown for$7.99kg) all on 5/0 KL black magic hooks. joker just down from me got a decent ele about 2 mins after I’d packed up.

yellowfin
    Participant

tracknz

tracknz
    Participant

Lol. Thats what this site is all about mate.

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

I got some good size School Sharks at Wakanui beach last weekend. I was also hooking up on a lot of Big Dogfish as well, which got annoying after a while.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught two 3kg rigs and a 3kg Moki this evening. Fishing in a salty location. Conditions were excellent.

Sevengillz
    Participant

They were! I was just north of you.Good view of the sea. Had a good day with some big runs and alot of big red cod.Was using squid and the cod were hammering it.I decided to dispatch a cod and use it for bait and thats when I got a few good runs.

Two school sharks about 4 and 5 ft joined me on the beach.Both were females so were released.They took off on some blistering runs that gave me a workout and I was expecting sharks a bit bigger but Im not complaining.

Got a wee bit of cam footage today of the smaller shark.

http://www.youtube.com/Surfcastin07

Miliwolf
    Participant

Were you down at the cliffs?

I do not think the cod like the taste of prawn, it is probably my favourite bait. Had my crab pot down off the pier but did not catch a thing.

Caught all the fish in close. My long cast rod went untouched.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Good on ya with that moki, i have yet to catch this species off the beach so now im envious:D, Good catches and i guess ul be spending more time in that salty location this summer;) what size hooks were you using out of interest? When you say in close how close do you reckon they were to the beach as i have often wondered this with this strecth of beach

Sevengillz
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

I was using 4/0 Owner circle hooks with a firm drag. For bait I use a whole raw prawn tails which rougly filled the entire gap of the hook.

Distance. The nearest rig was maybe 5m from the beach, so just before the surf starts but most of my casts were slightly further out maybe 15-20m. So at a guess 1/4 to 1/2 the length of the pier into the sea.

My casts out to the end of the pier and further had no results.

When I was trying for the crabs, I started by dropping the net at the end of the pier, then every 20-30 minutes I would check and move it slightly closer to shore. The bait in it was a combination of old Squid and pilchards.

I like seaview, but I am to lazy to open/close all of the gates. They should invest in cattlestops.

yellowfin
    Participant

thinking i may head to the pier tonight see if i can get a rig

Miliwolf
    Participant

Has anyone heard of any elephant fish being caught on the Marlborough beaches?

Sevengillz
    Participant

Was thinking about that yesty and I cant say I know of anyone that has taken an Ele up here.

You heading out today Miliwolf?

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.