Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Think I would take a trip down to the saltworks after work one day this week.

I suspect the pier would be a good place to hang a crab pot from. Potential source of fresh bait.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yip your on to it there too mili about halfway along on the right tide and ul get plenty well i have had sucess on getting fresh bait this way so good luck!

yellowfin
    Participant

grimace

Sevengillz
    Participant

Went to seaview beach tonight and got my 1st sevengiller for the season.Smallish female of about 5ft in length.Was takin on half a small Kahawai.Followed by a spiky dog of about 3ft.Went down fairly late so only got a few hours in.Got a couple of good runs after I got the sevengiller but no hookups. its good to know they are about now.Roll on holidays :cool:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Are sevengills active during the night?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes

Sevengillz
    Participant

Cant say Ive encountered one after dark,not that ive tried but I cant see why you wouldnt get one.I mean most of the species we get off the east coast seem to be around at all hours.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yea I caught one off the snighle beach in Kaiks about mid night, was about 1.8 meters. dont know if that was big for the species but definately gave a hell of a fight!!!

HookLineSinker
    Participant

The first one i ever caught gave a reasonable fight but gave me a bigger FRIGHT when i seen it come through the waves at my feet:)

Good to see 7 is keeping up to his name sake and off seaview of all beachs the best beach in marlboroough as if nowhere else can produce this one still produces fish and good ones from now through to march.;)

tracknz
    Participant

Just got in from the Brighton pier with 2 nice Rig. 1 @

yellowfin
    Participant

What were you using for bait? I haven’t fished off the pier before, spent a lot of time rock hopping round the peninsula, but figure it could be an option with petrol the way it is.
    What do you do if you catch something largeish? Walk it in to the beach or do you have a catch net or something?

tracknz
    Participant

grimace

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Next thing is, where do you get your crab? How do you rig the crab onto your hook. Like half a crab, shell and all? And, do you mean paddle crabs?

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from a session on the pier.

tracknz
    Participant

Jones Jr.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.