Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant
    [quote:3pvv2pl4]herrings and a mullet.
    I thought they were the same thing
    Miliwolf
    Participant

I normally call herrings the one with a blue tinge on the back, while mullet are slightly bulkier, no blue and yellow fins. But they could be the same fish.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went down the coast for a bit of r&r and managed to catch a couple of decent rig for a few hours of fishing 3.5kg and 6kg

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6kgrigld4.jpg” target=”_blank”>Free Image Hosting at <a href=http://www.ImageShack.us&#8221; />

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

Sevengillz
    Participant

Thats a good rig HLS.you seem to be having a beaut run on them.

What were you using for bait? That stretch of coast looks familiar but I cant pick your position lol :P

Miliwolf
    Participant

Could also be behind the saltlake and we are looking at Marfells beach and Cape Campbell in the background.

yellowfin
    Participant

i fish ahhhhh yup from the car park bout 100m maybe usually gothere and catch alot of mullet more than most peeps i see there and quite often get kaiwhai there as well

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey NiNj@, funny seeing you here :) Were you spinning or bait fishing for those kahawai?
    Went back to the Ashley last week, had a trout jump out of the water in front of me, but couldn’t seem to entice it to bite…

Sevengillz
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

Been there a few times, have not caught anything.

First time was a nice day with a moderate swell. A bunch of guys on the pier had a pile of dead skates. I caught nothing all day.

The second time I fished up near the cliffs, it was a cold southerly wind with a nasty sea. I fished dusk and into the night. I had one short run but that was about it. Mainly used prawn/shrimp that night.

I find seaview to be the most productive site close to Blenheim.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yeah have to agree with you on that one.Most people I know that have fished that area havnt had much success either.Considering the distance between seaview and the saltworks cant be more than a few kilometres,there seems to be a huge difference in catch rates.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Seaview is relatively close to the Awatere mouth. When the awatere is in flood it is quite easy to see the dirty water entering the sea. The river might have a bit of influence which result in more fish being around.

yellowfin
    Participant

ive fished at

Miliwolf
    Participant

I consider rarangi to be a waste of time, never ever fished there to tell the truth. But fished to the North (whites bay, Ocean bay) and to the south (Diversion and Wairau mouths) and caught the odd fish. Mainly red cod, KY and baitfish.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Hi seven and mili, mili is on to it its at the saltworks area and i have had some success here this is the fourth rig from this area for me (the first fish i ever caught off the beach

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.