Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

went fishing st andrews yesterday got one skate large doggy 2 small grey sharks

yellowfin
    Participant

shity southerly startin to blow i south canty

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a fish at amberley today got a 3.5kg kaiwhai a few small doggies

yellowfin
    Participant

Should have gone to amberly!! lol Went Baleys Beach, only hooked up once on first cast, probably a shark or something similar. Took line for 20 sec then came off. Other than that didnt get anything else, was pretty rough there.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Amberley this afternoon. Didn’t catch anything and didn’t see anyone else there get anything.

yellowfin
    Participant

were many others there? i thought about going but had other maters to deal with in the end

Miliwolf
    Participant

Did not do any fishing today. Stayed at home to recover from my exhaustion I got yesterday.

Turned out for the best, the temperature got up to 33* today. I was suffering even inside. Would of been horrible out on the river or on the beach.

yellowfin
    Participant

Apart from me there were 2-3 groups of people, about 6 other rods. The westerly wind changed to a sudden brutal easterly that made everyone leave within the space of 10 minutes.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I love it when I am out fishing on a crowded beach when suddenly a southerly or simalar wind starts to blow.

In about 10 minutes I normally have the beach to myself :cool:

Then 5 minutes later the wind dies down and stops.

St_Paul
    Participant

got a 4kg elephant last thursday at wakanui, was fairly well out on one of those mr twister crab soft plastics.

Mal
    Participant

Had another crack at Waianak yesterday bit of a southerly & water was dirty in close. We managed a good rig 16lb & four respectable grey boys using small crabs & squid bait….. no elephants yet.

yellowfin
    Participant

anyone heard any reports of catches off the pier?

yellowfin
    Participant

I was at the pier last night from 8:30-11:30, there were two

yellowfin
    Participant

mouth if waimak last night loads of small fish around could hardly stop my rod from getting bites only went for about 2 hours

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went down to the diversion mouth, mainly to catch bait and to see what was around. Used my fly rod and caught a few herrings and a mullet.

Went back today and caught a mullet or a small KY. Did not ID before release.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.