Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    LeestonSurfcaster
    Participant

Thanks for the directions i can see baileys road on my map now. I can see a lot of “roads” that lead down to the beach but do they really exist? How far down do you go?

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Id say from personal experience quite safe provided you can trust yourself to handle the expected weight of the fish as it seems once you can grab the tail it takes alot of the fight out of the fish and keeps away from the head end. iv got two sevengillers up the beach this way that were around the 70lb mark while stil holding my rod and also a 40lb school shark in the dark aswell so from these experiences id say its safe within reason of course.:)

yellowfin
    Participant

just remember the key rule never to turn your back on the sea

yellowfin
    Participant

LeestonSurfcaster:

When you turnoff the main road to

yellowfin
    Participant

well it could be slightly different

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

my bad didnt look at what i wrote lol

St_Paul
    Participant

Sunday from about 3 until 9

yellowfin
    Participant

nice 6 kg ele from st andrews

Miliwolf
    Participant

Did 3 hours of surf casting at Ward Beach. Had three baits in the water most of the time, mainly shrimp. Caught nothing. Never caught a thing at Ward beach. Has anyone had any luck there.

Was going to fish near the Saltworks but the sea was very rough so decided against it, Ward was sheltered from the worst of the wind so only had gentle ocean swells.

yellowfin
    Participant

Thinking I may go Baileys beach or somewere similar this weekend.

tracknz
    Participant

The weather is supposed to turn southerly on the weekend, so think Taylors mistake or one of the more sheltered bays on the peninsular could be worth a fish on Sunday.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey, funny you should say that, cos I had just come on here to ask if anyone’s fished Flat Rock, the rocky wave cut shelf about a half-hour walk around the Banks Peninsula

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a quick fish after work today for about an hour tide was sorta quater the way out

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a fish between around 7-10:25pm in the Keneperu sounds. Caught nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.