Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

nah im currently not allowed to drive so mum dropped me off but yea live about 5 min drive maybe not even that

yellowfin
    Participant

Im just back from a days fishing in timaru. Managed to get heaps of yellow eyed mullet that i then used for catching red cod. I got about 8 red cod and kept the 3 biggest ones. Also caught a 30 – 40kg stingray. We didn’t have a gaff so we couldnt get it up onto the wharf

yellowfin
    Participant

nice one zac

yellowfin
    Participant

Great stuff Zac.

Hopefully I get some cod tomorrow in Akaroa.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

whats being caught off the pier lately? has much been round? and i havnt been out that way for a while does it light up at night or not?

yellowfin
    Participant

I havnt been fishing at the pier for a couple of weeks now so i dont know what is being caught. Last time i was there it was just large dogfish and small school sharks with the occasional big one. And just yellow eyed mullet and small kahawai in the day. I heard of a stingray a couple weeks back. And there was a couple barracouta caught as well.

yellowfin
    Participant

is it very lit up at night or not at all?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes there are heaps of lights there and it is well lit up

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yip kewlthanks for that i might have a try

yellowfin
    Participant

take it mullet has been one of the top baits?

yellowfin
    Participant

Ok. The weathers not looking very good for tomorow night but if you dont mind the rain it should be alright. I have been fishing in timaru alot because theres heaps of mullet and red cod around and i was hoping to catch a stingray which i did yesterday. Might have a fish at the pier sometime this week.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes mullet has been the best bait to use

yellowfin
    Participant

isnt it? i thought the weather was ment to be clearing tomorrow morning

yellowfin
    Participant

If you are trying for barracouta just put a whole dead yellow eyed mullet about a meter under a float with a wire trace.

yellowfin
    Participant

theres the forecast

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.