Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

1kg plus mullet are

St_Paul
    Participant

yeah I’ve caught a couple around 750grams on saltwater fly and they did put up a bit of a tussle.

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

St_Paul
    Participant

During salmon season lots of jokers use either prawn or pillies under a float in the kaiapoi and seem to do quite well.

yellowfin
    Participant

alot of guys will use pillchards at places such as the bmx track

St_Paul
    Participant

Had an hours fishing at wakanui yesterday, doggies galore, was hooking up within 10 mins of each cast.

Then had to go to methven so had a flick at the

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

St_Paul
    Participant

Spinning with blue fox double header lure, 6 lb rapala titanium braid.

didn’t have the time to get the fly gear out, river just off clear. no visible rises.

yellowfin
    Participant

Cool, thanks St Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

Miliwolf
    Participant

I am not a fan of eaten any trout. I release 90% of the ones I catch.

Typically if it is a good condition sea run or is living in a clean river they should be decent eaten. I would avoid keeping trout from smaller rivers ect mainly because the population is generally low.

When I use to spin fish. My favourite trout lures were

Black and Gold Toby
    Blue and Gold Spin-blade
    Orange and Gold Spin-blade

I like these ones but I am certain others would work.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Fishing … 0.htm?p=10

If the water is clear then I would fish with a minnow imitation. Soft plastics can work well but the ‘non scented’ selection is quite small. Had good results on Rapala lures but they are quite hard to cast a long distance.

yellowfin
    Participant

I will be going up to fish at the pier for most of tomorow. I will probably go up early before 12 and stay as long as I am catching anything. Hopefully I will be able to get one of these big Kahawai that I have heard about from a few people that fished there last weekend.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was at the pier last saturday, there was a group of about 6 asian guys that were catching most of the kahawai, looked like they were using bonito or something similar looking, on 6 hook ‘flashy’ ledger rigs. As soon as they turned up my baits were ignored by the fish (6 guys x 2 rods each x 6 baits each = 72 baits to compete with).

yellowfin
    Participant

I will probably take two rods but only use one at a time. Maybe one 7 foot one for the kahawai and one 12 foot one for anything else, not that I think there will be anything other than small School sharks, dogfish and kahwai around. Hopefully there might be some Yellow Eyed Mullet arround

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhh yea i think hightide is about lunch time 2morrow as well im just going for a mullet fish may go to the pier on sunday morning

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.