Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

I find the pier to be one of the best places to fish in the summer at night time. I will probably start back fishing there more in December. I usually go up Early in the day and stay untill some time during the morning the next day, usually around 1 or 2am depending on how the fishing is going and what the weather is like. I remember I went fishing there last December on Christmas day and there were two seven gillers caught. There is always barracouta around at the pier and summer and they can be fun on a light rod with a wire trace.

yellowfin
    Participant

Shark_Tale

yellowfin
    Participant

[quote:2w7vhaue]Would you do that with your kids these days?!

Sometimes there is some dodgy people around at the pier. But most of them are alright.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

Make up some rigs with very heavy mono or use a wire trace and you might have a chance at landing one. You could even try putting out a livebait such as a kahawai or big mullet.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

im thinking about fishing the pier saturday night depending on weather

yellowfin
    Participant

I think around December to January would be the best months. Anytime that the water is really warm is when they are around. Best time would probably be when it’s dark but they are still caught in the day time. If there is a really warm night in December I usually will stay quite late into the night.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhh im not sure alot of places hav liquior bans around but i usually see

yellowfin
    Participant

Should be ok to take a few beers along. A lot of people do. Although I have seen people turn up there in the middle of the night really drunk and possibly high on something. They cast really dangerously and get quite violent

yellowfin
    Participant

There are always the regulars at the pier so you will get to know a few people if you fish there. There is always a maori guy called joe there that usually catches a bit

yellowfin
    Participant

Sweet.

yellowfin
    Participant

thinks thats himaye dont really know anyones name there but he

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.