Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I find spiny dogfish are more common when it’s dark. Haven’t seen any over about 70cm and

yellowfin
    Participant

If your just looking for somethin to wrestle with I reckon pound for pound a big greyboy fights the hardest out of the 3. I mean just from my experiences the sevengills would pick up the bait and make a good run but then it was fairly easy to recover all that line before they took off again then it would more or less turn into a dead weight with a few good tugs,until they hit the breakers that is then they would take off again.After doin that 2 or 3 times they just seemed to tire out and come up to the surface and then well,the waves

yellowfin
    Participant

i have caught a

yellowfin
    Participant

Has anyone here tried Red Cod on light gear?

They are no Kahawhai but they do swim around a bit.

yellowfin
    Participant

nah cant say ive tried they jus always a bycatch on my surf rod.get em 1 after another down the bar and i found nearly all the 1’s I got outside the bar were full of worms n covered in all sorts of sh*t but the 1’s takin cumn out the bar on outgoin tide seemed to be clean as…:?

yellowfin
    Participant

I been told that they enter the rivers to spawn… although I have my doubts. Could be a rich source of food for them and relatively few predators?

yellowfin
    Participant

I fished near the Rangitata mouth on the way back from a job in Fairlie today. Lots of spiny dogfish around but nothing else.

yellowfin
    Participant

sea down at ashburton was looking fairly flat yesterday, didn’t have time for a fish.

Also the ashburton river is flowing to sea at the moment so could be worth a crack.

yellowfin
    Participant

I went down to wakanui last Sunday but the sea was way to rough. If the sea stays calm

yellowfin
    Participant
    Marty
    Participant

Is there anything to catch around christchurch apart from red cod and spiney dogs at the moment? I have been trying everything, fishing all around (day and night)and really not having much luck. I

yellowfin
    Participant

Red Cod and Spiny Dogfish are about all thats around at this time of the year in the Christchurch area. It is possible to get Skate and other species but your best to wait untill summer

yellowfin
    Participant

it is possible to catch flounder and sole

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

um

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.