Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

hey guys

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from the pier pleanty of doggies caught a few school sharks

yellowfin
    Participant

I might go up to the pier next weekend. Hopefully there are still some mullet around and the red cod numbers are up. What did the guy look like that hooked the skate?

yellowfin
    Participant

I can remember that this time last year there were definitely Red Cod being caught in big numbers but i dont remember any barracouta being caught at this time of the year so it shows that the fishing can vary a lot year to year. So was it just the one red cod caught or only one BIG red cod?

yellowfin
    Participant

one BIG red cod i heard

yellowfin
    Participant

Did anyone say anything about how many barracouta were

yellowfin
    Participant

I hope your fishing trips work out better than mine this weekend. I decided to try out Nape Nape beach this morning. I missed the turnoff in the dark and ended up about 10km away at the Hurunui river mouth.

yellowfin
    Participant

um 2 were caught

yellowfin
    Participant

Was this at night or in the day?

yellowfin
    Participant

not 100% sure but so heard there were 8 cod caught last night i went this morning and left

yellowfin
    Participant

What sort of set up was the person using that caught the barracouta? Just standard ledger or float rig?

yellowfin
    Participant

didnt take much notice of the rig but i think it was like a 3 or 4 hook ledger

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD how big were most of the dogfish that were caught at the pier? And was it just small school sharks there?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea small school sharks and um most of the doggies were like

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone planning on doing any fishing over the long weekend? I was thinking of going to the New Brighton Pier but the weather isn’t looking to good.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.