Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

to be honnest i think

yellowfin
    Participant

I went down to timaru today mainly to catch some Yellow Eyed Mullet for when

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yea not too bad fairly small though dont fink theywill win the championship

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah. I didnt get any big ones this time but they will do for bait. There must have been something big in the water because something got hooked in my mullet trace and nearly pulled my rod off the wharf. It could have been a stingray but i dont think so because it went to fast so im thinking it was a big shark

yellowfin
    Participant

oh really

yellowfin
    Participant

Why dont ya make the Mullet champs a southisland comp lol :D

yellowfin
    Participant

it is but its spread over a year

yellowfin
    Participant

Well, the title says the “Canterbury” Mullet championships so yes it is restricted to Canterbury right now. Go over to the mullet thread and if alot of the regulars vote to make it South Island wide I will.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

fair enough

yellowfin
    Participant

kk what about if I make sure to get some fishing in next time im in chch (few weeks) and I get some mullet,can I enter then? lol :D

yellowfin
    Participant

Here are some pictures of the Timaru Wharf for those of you who haven’t been there and want to know what it looks like.

Click for bigger picture

“>

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

hey zac

yellowfin
    Participant

No i haven’t. But im sure that they should be around now from what i can remember from last year. I was going to go up this weekend but the weather isn’t looking very good so i might leave it to next weekend.

yellowfin
    Participant

I just got back from the pier, nobody caught any red cod during the 3 hours i was there. People have been catching the occasional cod, but they’re not very common at the moment.

yellowfin
    Participant

Plenty of Big Doggies about further south got 3 decent sized at wakanui last week in about 40 mins. Incoming tide, around midday, frozen mullet bait, Single hook 5/0 ledger rig cast around 90m.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.