Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yea good idea aaron lol

yellowfin
    Participant

the canterbury mullet

yellowfin
    Participant

Remember to take a camera and when you catch your next big mullet weigh it and post the details. And at the end of 2007 you can give out the prize. lol

yellowfin
    Participant

yea aaron can sort all that put seen it was his idea lol have to catch a

yellowfin
    Participant

“The Canterbury Mullet Championships”

We’ll call it that! Ok then, I’ll sort out some sort of trophy that can be the main one (names to be engraved etc that the winning individual will hold for one year or season) then buy 5 or smaller trophies (for the next 5 or so years out) that the winning individual can keep for however long they want it on their mantel piece.

Any forum members ONLY may enter, mullet must be caught in the Canterbury area.

Just woundering, should it run for each calendar year? Like 1st Jan 07 to Dec 31st 07 or should it be more from the beggining of the mullet fishing season August 1st through to July 31st the next year for e.g.?

Or any other input would be appreciated?

Hell yeah! If I caught a huge 2kg mullet I’d mount it! LOL.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Just run it for the whole year Jan – Dec. You can buy some rods and fishing gear

yellowfin
    Participant

We’ll see if I’m wealthy by Dec, then maybe. LOL. Otherwise it’s just a trophy. Hehe.

Ok, we’ll run it from Jan 1st (meaning the comp has allready started!) and end on the 31st Dec 2007. All entries must be PM’d to me up to midnight on the 31st Dec.

If you’ve caught any mullet allready (after Jan 1st 2007) and happen to of weighed them or it and taken a photograph then you can enter! I haven’t so I’ll have to wait until I catch my next big one!

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

I went fishing at Brighton pier last night and

yellowfin
    Participant

Dam, that’s a good sized red cod! In good condition? And what bait were you using?

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Were there many other red cod caught?

yellowfin
    Participant

i would say the cod fishing should

yellowfin
    Participant

I used trevally for bait. No worms in the cod, not sure how else you’d judge the condition? Maybe you can tell from the photo. I got some free bait out of its tummy.

yellowfin
    Participant

ive always though cod were an ugly loking fish and no offence but that one would be up there with the ugliest cod ive seen haha

yellowfin
    Participant

LOL. Well its little pot belly and big eyes

yellowfin
    Participant

What do think the best size hook is for red cod. Some people i know use smallish hooks around 3/0 but other people use bigger hooks around 5/0 or bigger. I know that Cod have big mouths so the bigger ones could easily hook themselves and big hooks would stop the smaller ones being hooked. I have brought some 5/0 and 4/0 Gamakatsu Octopus chemically sharpened hooks so i am hoping hoping they will work well.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.