Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

nice pics aaron. hoping to head to the waimak

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD. What do you think you were hooking up on? I am going up to New Brighton Pier tomorow so i hope to get something there. I was talking to someone and they said that there is heaps of dogfish around at the pier at the moment but there has also been a few Seven Gillers caught over the past week. Hoping to maybe get some Red Cod if they are around there. Will Post some pics if i get anything tomorow night.

yellowfin
    Participant

i think maybe it was just kaiwhai

yellowfin
    Participant

Went fishing at the New Brighton Pier tonight. Heaps of big dogfish around at the moment as well as the small ones. Also got a few small school sharks. Didn’t seem to be many mullet around in the day so i only got a few. Someone else got a good size flounder earlier in the day. Was hoping to get a red cod but that didn’t happen. I might go to Timaru next weekend and try for some more mullet and maybe some red cod.

yellowfin
    Participant

Aha, so that was you with the two long rods then?

yellowfin
    Participant

I had three rods but i put my smaller rod away when i stopped catching mullet. Were you the one with the small rod?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes, that was me. I haven’t bought a decent rod yet (still persevering with an anniversary present that had it’s tip broken off), might get a 12ft Kilwell Magnum combo from Rebel Sport if they have a decent line weight (on special this month for $60).

I realised after getting that half decent dogfish up that you helped me with, that my line was twisted around the rod – no wonder it was so hard to get up (Don’t tell the ladies that I have a small rod and I have trouble getting it up).

yellowfin
    Participant

did anyone fish the pier last night? or fishing it tonight? i had considered it but then i saw 3m swells at sea so changed my mind. all ive heard from another mate fishing there is all hes been catching is doggies and one or two small red cod..

yellowfin
    Participant

All

yellowfin
    Participant

i couldnt help but notice i was out there

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah theres is still a bit of overhead casting with the asians but i have noticed that now a lot of them are not doing it any more. At night time when theres is not really any people coming out to the pier i sometimes overhead cast if i need to get the distance but i always make sure there is knowone near when i do. Some of the asians and other people sometimes cast without even looking to see if there is anyone around and sometimes there hooks are just centimeters from hitting someone.

yellowfin
    Participant

especially when that sumone is only 3

yellowfin
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has been doing much Yellow Eyed Mullet fishing lately? I need to stock up on them for red cod bait and i am just trying to decide where i should go and what place has the most around at the moment. Last time i fished the Brighton Pier i didn’t have much luck so i was thinking maybe Timaru.

yellowfin
    Participant

Is it not possible

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i went for a mullet fish on sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.