Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

still bunches of terns around and the odd kahawai.Socky(Vic)picked up some rig yesterday..dunno about school sharks..very few fishing lately cos of shake..lots of crabs in the evening…

yellowfin
    Participant

ok thanks mate hope i can get something.

yellowfin
    Participant

May even chuck some baits out for a 7giller or something large too

Anonymous
    Inactive

hows birdlings looking today???need to get out :)

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

choppy and blustery..might pop down this eve if wind dies down..and try out my new trademe crab catching device at $25 it better work..lol

gunnercoops
    Participant

Is the red bit a bag for bait?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup thats where the bait goes..Guy sells them from ashvegas .looks good for casting…methinks I can make one cheaper..will keep you posted..just been down to the beach sea looks flat wind going down fingers crossed

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going to try and get out for a evening Kingfish off Karaka point tonight… Have to beat st_Paul to it…

Been spending most of my spare time fly fishing for trout (or playing a computer game)… Really must get more shore fishing done.

edit: Not liking the tide, so might go for a surfcast or trout fish instead.

yellowfin
    Participant

Only ended up fishing a few hours at the wharf in kaikoura before the wind really picked up but was perfect when I got there. Got a big mullet first cast then just small – medium moki, terakihi etc every cast all undersize. Would’ve been impossible to fish the beach was really strong offshore winds all night so went home in the morning with no change in the weather.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is that the new wharf ?what bait for moki mate?

yellowfin
    Participant

Let us know how it works Birdlings :P

HIPP
    Participant

yes Birdlings, would love to know aye,cheers, Hipp

St_Paul
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thats a great accomplishment, any hints on how to get them on the fly?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Didnt try out the crab catcher too windy and too much on..had to smoke some eels that ended up at my door..soon..Hey St Paul snapper are fun on the fly..did a bit of that up north..then there was a kingi fight on a fly rod..lasted about 3 seconds..zzzzippp snap! :eek:Will fill out a full report when I throw the crabber out!cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.