Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

well done Marlin for your great catch I have not caught a elely this season so looks like you are going to be a top fisherman with many more fish just waiting for you to catch them

HIPP
    Participant

Yeah nice ele, good to get into it so young, good on ya, keep up the good work.

Miliwolf
    Participant

zac

elmo22
    Participant

so you are allowed to fish with rods and get fish,, but not allowed to dive and spear them,that seams a hard one to police letting one sort of fishing but not the other or have i got it all wrong?

elmo22
    Participant

went to spencer park down by the mouth of why-mac sea was good and flat 5.30am fishing with tua tua had two rods out.. gave up at 7.30am my line was full of weed and sea lettuce and took 10 minutes to get the suff of each time wound it in .. bait was coverd in weed so the fish had no hope of seeing it..low tide was 5am change of light incoming tide sea good just the weed buggered it… oh and no fish

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah I agree elmo,headed out at 3:30am this morn for an early fish,tuatua as bait,sea perfect just north of mak mouth..but the sea was full of weed etc,was a waste of time with huge lumps of the stuff building up on the line within a few mins..maybe next time!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

elmo22

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

unless of course you have a customary permit :grin:

mulletman
    Participant

big mullet from the avon river this morning

yellowfin
    Participant

mulletman

mulletman
    Participant

yea, it was about 1 and a half pounds, they fight good on little rods like that, was thinking about smoking him, but now hes frozen for surfcasting bait

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went down to beach last night fishing over low tide, very slow fishing only one small rig to be caught, on pilchard of all baits too (and was fishing two rods with prawns at the same time but must have wanted a change in diet, this is the fourth i have caught on pilchards.)

mulletman
    Participant

was at waimak mouth today, no salmon, a few mullet and kahawai, and some one caught a big short tail ray, i gave them my hoody and they threw it on the barb to stop it from hurtin any1, didnt have camrea, so cant post any pics

fishforpot
    Participant

You gotta watch those tails lol ……..the hoody might slow it down , but still be careful ….

The one that whacked me , went thru waders – trackpants – 3 layers of sock “pants tucked into socks” – thru my leg – out thru socks – thru pants again , and out the waders once again ….

Scary power

Miliwolf
    Participant

When dealing with rays, I typically like to stand on the tail near the sting. Does not work if its a big ray with only one person….

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.