Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

thread on how to post pictures
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=525

I asked for it to be stickied so it would stay at the top cos people are always asking how to post pics. Not sure where the mods are spam all over the forum again..

fishforpot
    Participant

Took Booger out to my bayleys spot-x …..was too rough to light line , water was heaps clean for ele’s but no sign of them …

The fishing was very quiet compared to other trips , still enjoyable tho ….heaps of small red cod ….6 rig caught …4 around 10lb , biggest was maybe 16 , smallest about 6 lb
    Could have caught more if we targeted them , but wanted ele’s ……

Oh , jaws came past just before we left , and helped himself to more of my hooks , rather have that than shag about fighting and trying to release some ugly 7 giller

HIPP
    Participant

Okay so this time I think I got it,sweet, thanks Zac, Mint

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to black rock on sunday,caught this rig with herring bait after about 5 mins,didn’t stay much longer. No other fisherman around which i found strange

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Classic mix up again, this is a typical tiny spiny dogfish. The term rig is used in the south island for lemonfish or proper named species Spotted smooth hound dogfish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Probably the reason why no one was around was because thats a dogfish!

yellowfin
    Participant

oh haha my bad

Miliwolf
    Participant

HookLineSinker

Miliwolf
    Participant

Here is is the 21lb Snapper I caught from the rocks middle of last week.

HIPP
    Participant

Nice Snapper, you in the sounds?

Miliwolf
    Participant

yeah a Sounds Snapper, did a write up with a few more details on I think Wednesday last week.

fishforpot
    Participant

I knew there was something strange about millie ..not just the fact he’s a claytons north islander ….

Take a good look at the pic ………..he’s a dirty bloody lefty lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Great looking snapper mili, esp for off the rocks! went for a surf cast for a couple hours this evening after work, 5 schoolies 2 pretty ok size the others small, and a couple dogfish. One of the school sharks must have looked good as i was winding it in, as jaws had left his mark.

Miliwolf
    Participant

fishforpot

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

YEAH! RIGHT ON !!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.