Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

this morning..just a crab and a bonnet emblem around 6 lbs..a wee male

oh well lets hope theres more…

St_Paul
    Participant

socky

HIPP
    Participant

Fished, Out the back of southbridge at Coopers lagoon, Saturday evening thru till bout 9.30pm with a cobber and his 2 boys,

pretty big swell, got smashed off by the waves a few times, prawn for bait, no fish caught.

At least two tothers fishing before and untill just before we left, didnt see any activity there either. never mind was a great night to be out.Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Great to see any ele!!! :)
    Will probably get out this weekend, weather depending.

HIPP
    Participant

Nice Ele birdlings, good to see they are about. well done. Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at the Pier over the weekend. Got two big rig one saturday which snapped the trace pulling it up and a bit bigger one last night. Loads of kahawai and herring around last night as well as a skate and a stingray which we got to see but was lost as well. Living in Christchurch now so hoping to get out more, posting on dial up so can’t load pics for a while.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

thanks crew-the little bad boy hit a new world cooked shrimp at 5.30 am at the fridge about a k south of Bayleys..very long cast..waited for 40 mins..no females as yet.. :grin:

I_TRY
    Participant

Managed to free up a few hours during the day tomorrow so planning on trying my luck @ birdlings. Good idea? Open for suggestions but the closer to Christchurch the better, less time spent travelling is more time spent fishing!!

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

if you do head down to bayleys beach could be a go..cheers :grin:

Sounds like the pier at brighton may be better though :wink:

I_TRY
    Participant

sweet, just to confirm, is bayleys beach down bayleys road? I don’t know the area very well. I usually head down bayleys road and kinda via off to the left some way down. Is that bayleys?

Are fish caught from the pier all good to eat though? I’m getting mixed messages on the matter!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Damn, everyones catching fish but me :cry:

Just spent Marlb Anniversary weekend in South Westland, did several different types of fishing so rather then posting in several threads its all going into this one.

After a long drive got to Bruce Bay, Saturday morning started overcast with passing showers, had a few trout follow at the Rivermouth. Did a bit of Yak fishing in the sea and blanked, upon landing mistimed and had my Yak smashed into my leg which was a great… Then I went and trolled Lake Paringa (which is next to Lake Moeraki) in the rain but caught nothing. Stayed in the motel that night.

Got sick of fishing in the rain so went to Haast where it was not raining, after 10 minutes got bored of whitebaiting so drove down to Jackson Bay for lunch. Its nice down there, so many rivers. Saw what looked like large schools of mullet of the wharf. Wished I had more time to do it justice. Back up to Bruce Bay after lunch, I walked to the Mouth of Jacobs River and talked to the whitebaiters (nice looking river mouth), one of them gave me a quad ride back to the Carpark. Surfcasted that night in the rain, caught tiny Dogfish and Red Cod then shortly after 9pm one of my rods broke.. So packed up. Today rivers were swollen, thought about Whitebaiting but could not be bothered disinfecting my net. So took the entire day to drive home. So drove around 2000km for a tiny Dogfish and a even smaller Red Cod

Might try and get back down to Moeraki or Paringa in Feb/Mar when the Salmon are running.

yellowfin
    Participant

That was a eyewatering drive Mili.I drove all the way to Kaikoura today to catch some of those numerous kahiawai.Even bought a new rod and reel to blood on them.Never saw a single ky.Got one large toothy cuda and two salmon,the biggest being 8lb.Fishing in south bay.I am getting over the dissapointment of no ky as I prepare the salmon for mr bradley in the morning.Had a fish at Conway Flat on way home .Zip.

yellowfin
    Participant

Got another two rig at the pier tonight around 10pm think theyre closing it to set up the fireworks later in the week

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

just another rig this morning..took an ele bait..

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice rig. Looks like the puss in the background might be hanging around for some.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.