Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

Milworf, true that, a moments lapse of concentration, what i should have said Is I will cover petrol to someone wanting to drop off some spare ones lol, steve

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

socky

yellowfin
    Participant

its only illegal if you get caught

HIPP
    Participant

My mistake fellas, thanks for feed back, back to topic i think, cheers Hipp

elmo22
    Participant

went over to mokihinui for waitangi weekend arrived at the camping groundat 10.30am on saturday morning got my caravan sent up and the fishing rods checked all ready for saturday evening fish as high tide was 9.30pm..At 2.30 i went down to mussel rocks and got a good feed of mussel of the rocks there,while i was there i got approx 20 crabs by feeling under the sand by some rocks with my hands,got nipped a few times and even had some blood showing (och). At 5.30 i headed over to gentle annie a good deep beach to surfcast off, i fished with two rods and the first hr was non stop,both rods getting hook ups and bites, i was running from one rod to the other then it went quite, i only landed 1 snapper and a xl ky in that hr, my mate cliff from westport arrived and started fishing next to me,about 8pm it was all on again lots of hook ups and lost fish, i got 1 more snapper and a few ky (released) and cliff got 2 snapper and an elephant fish the elephant are rare of the beach there…On sunday morning i was back there on daylight and the first hr i got 1 snapper then all of a sudden the next two hrs was all go with both rods catching snapper at the same time, i caught 10 snapper and release about 8 ky the snapper were only pannie size the biggest was 2lbs , sunday i fished the morning for a few hrs and got 1 snapper 3ky (released) and then packed up and headed back to chch… the sea was very clam and clean and the weather was cloudy but warm and no wind for the 3 days a great weekend of fishing i had……………….. If you people get the Fishing Paper theres a write up about mokihinui fishing comp that they have every xmas on page 14, my wifes the one that got her photo in there winning the snapper section of the comp …. man has she given me heaps about that lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

Congrats on the westcoast Snapper, I must find the time to fish gentle annie one weekend.

fishforpot
    Participant

Awesome elmo … the one thing you didnt mention was the sand flies …..Ive been bitten on the Rangiora golf course , and at the Ashley river mouth ….they love me lol ….

Fished that beach many years ago , I looked like a complete spastic ,waving my hands about my head non stop lol …..red cod and a conger was all we managed ….

Well done getting snapper …a very rear catch for us south islanders ……milli doesnt count tho lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Was a good night for rig at the Pier Friday night. Sea was still rough but I think between everyone was about 20 rig most over 10lb. Not much else caught apart from a seven giller a guy lost. Fished again Saturday night, the sea had calmed down quite a bit but still a decent amount of rig around, think there was at least 10 rig caught between everyone but a lot of smaller ones around. Also caught a small stingray and a few school sharks biggest around 8lb.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a Snapper fish last night, arrived at my spot in the Mahau sounds shortly after 7pm, just before low tide. Fished until 10:30, it was very calm but little action. Only caught a single pannie Snapper. Would have loved to fish later into the night but had work in the morning.

St_Paul
    Participant

see I’m not a jinx! you’ve just caught all the big ones already.

Miliwolf
    Participant

You still might have jinxed the spot….

St_Paul
    Participant

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Went for a fish at Amberley, the sea lice made fishing almost impossible but I somehow managed to catch a rig of around 15lb on a piece of crab that had next to no meat on it.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished Pier last night saw Booger and rdeejay up there. Few rig caught between everyone not much else around.

Biggest rig of the night 18lb

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.