Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

everything they can sell!

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup rig and elly and whatever…maybe dolphin steaks!-they are right in the mataitai..the local rununga have informed M-fish!

yellowfin
    Participant

They’ll keep anything they can sell. Think they even keep basking sharks for the fins.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

small rig last night about 8lbs..the season has started for me… :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

A filleted rig body on the beach at Spencers yesterday , good size ….maybe 12-14lb

yellowfin
    Participant

They were parked up right off ariels and soon as they saw my white official looking van they
    took off heading south.I hope they caught some stray turds and feminine hygene products in
    their trawl net from a northerly drift from summner.All I got was 3 dogs a small greyboy and
    lost sumtink that pulled hard and got off.Maybe a schoolboy fish!

oldgreyboy
    Participant

went to talleys got some squid tubes off to sanfords got some squid tails countdown tommorrow for prawns in the specials , then fishin lol

yellowfin
    Participant

It’s sad how those commercial mongrels hang around a key recreational fishing area like Birdlings flat. Plenty of coastline available, why rape Birdlings? Anyone got any tips on mounting torpedo launchers on a fishing kayak?

yellowfin
    Participant

um no but maybe get a fighter jet instead

fishforpot
    Participant

3 Rig heads on the beach at Spencers today , 1 was the large one I found last week , the other 2 smaller models turned up this afternoon , males about 8lb Id say
    Word is the male elephants have turned up at the same beach …..aint seen any myself yet tho

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished Timaru yesterday, cought a Carpet shark plus a small Greyboy. No sign of any Rig yet.

Anyone know how to get Cooked shrimp/Prawn to stay on the hook? Yesterday I was casting them out and within 10mins they were gone even when tied on with bait elastic.

yellowfin
    Participant

troutfishernz

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at wakanui last night from dark till about 10pm. Fished 1 rod with crab baits no luck. Back out there today for a interclub comp, swell was up around 2 meters only saw doggies and small grey boys caught.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

5.30 this evening-second rig this season..usual bait usual spot..good fight-first cast 21.5lbs

elmo22
    Participant

good stuff, nice to know rig are coming in

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.