Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

well done mate.what did ya use for bait?and where abouts did ya fish?sorry mate just hanging to catch a rig lol :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Got the rig on crab, kahawai on crab as well. Did fish mullet bait for a bit lots of small doggies and school sharks around.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry mate but what size crabs?and where ya get them?did you get them at birdlings or further down???

yellowfin
    Participant

I get them at the Pier or you can go to southshore at low tide and throw a crab pot in. Just south of birdlings at bayleys aerials but you get rig all along that coast line. For crabs size doesn’t matter just cut them in half or into quarters if it’s a big crab, hook it up and wrap bait cotton around the legs to keep it on, with really small crabs you can use them whole. Without tying them on with bait cotton you’re wasting your time, it’ll probably come off when you cast.

Crab works best because it’s their main diet around these areas, but any type of crustaceans will work for bait (crabs, crayfish, shrimp, prawns etc).

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks heaps mate :) can i but them anywhere?

Anonymous
    Inactive

oops buy them lol

yellowfin
    Participant

you can buy them at pak n save riccarton, some other pak n saves have them sometimes. Best to ring up before to make sure

yellowfin
    Participant

in the long run its far far easier and cheaper to catch them

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for all the help guys gona try my luck tomorrow whats the best tide for rig?and also would bayleys be good to fish tomorrow?

rdeejay
    Participant

Sat at the Pier tonight with my mate for a cupla hours..bloody awesome eve but all the peeps fishing there caught a whole lotta nuthing! even the asian invasion got squat on the crab pots!

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the Pier last night, sea still to flat no rig around. Caught a barracouta and some dogfish.

Anonymous
    Inactive

whats it like at birdlings today?keen as to get some rig

fishforpot
    Participant

Forecast roughish sea building to nasty arse …put the rods away

yellowfin
    Participant

Could be worth trying amberley if it’s to rough at birdlings. Has been to calm last few nights at Brighton for rig not sure what it’ll be like at amberley today but you’ll get the eles in calm water if they’re still around.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry to be annoying but what is the best tide for rig and also is it better when sea is dirty or clean?

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.