Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We have no issue with the crays here.. Banks Peninsula, Motunau, lol ..also alot of paua that gets well picked through by divers and needs to be measured carefully :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive

back on topic….

Went down to Bayleys beach on Friday night in the hope of getting a couple of hours fishing in before it turned southerly
    I would have normally had enough of surfcasting by new years and put the rods away …but had only been out 3-4 times during the season
    so thought I’d have another crack at it..anyway, got there just after 5 and it was blowing northwest ,sea was clean and flat… was quiet for the
    first hour or two before they came on the bite.. caught a kahawai, schoolie, and 3 rig ..the rig were not overly big but managed to pull my rod and holder
    over twice, caught them on cooked prawns and squid and packed up just after nine.

http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/Seahunter4/?action=view&current=birdlingsflat.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey seahunter could i ask you please where baileys beach is?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

it is spelt Bayleys beach and is just down from Birdlings Flat..cheers

St_Paul
    Participant

amateur5

yellowfin
    Participant

yea just follow bayleys road all the way down to the car park paved for part of the way then turns to gravel

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a fish tonight at the cliffs near salty, its been a while since I fished there. The night was overcast and a bit chilly, but otherwise calm. Three rods, two with crabs and one with mussels. The fishing was slow, my first excitement was a decent size Rig around 9:30, another strike at around 10:00 but it was time to pack up.

Good to finally catch something at the Cliffs, my memory is not perfect but fairly certain I have blanked on previous trips there.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Moki Surfcast tonight near the cliffs at monkey bay, was rougher then expecting so the sea was stirred up quite a bit. Two rods with mussel and one with crab. Crab rod got quite a few strikes and I landed a good size Rig, the mussels rods were untouched for the most part, although both baits disappeared after dark while they remained intact during dusk… So something might of been feeding after dark… Packed up at 10pm.

Photos are very blurry so not worth uploading.

I_TRY
    Participant

Anyone know how birdlings/bayleys is looking today??

tackles hack
    Participant

sea has been calm. was out this evening just 1 rig.. sea brown. caught it 1st cast then silence out there

Anonymous
    Inactive

is birdlings/bayleys good to fish this weekend?

tackles hack
    Participant

think conditions along pines beach will fair better. fished last night along bayleys. sea will lift souwest wind out
    … sea was very brown

Anonymous
    Inactive

what are you targeting?and what bait?

Anonymous
    Inactive

amateur5

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the reply :) do you cast off the beach?and how far do you need to get out?

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.