Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Duckman
    Participant

Also, hope to be there just after 9am

elmo22
    Participant

is that tha same comp that has been run and weigh in at the little river pub other years

Miliwolf
    Participant

Braved the Norwester last night and headed into the Sounds for a Snapper fish. The wind was not to bad, and when behind the point it was quite sheltered… then nothing on the fishing front. Paul had a run then break off, I caught a Mullet and that was about it for the evening. There was a few nibbles around 10:30 but we did not stay to try and catch the culprit.

fishforpot
    Participant

That comp started at 7am in previous years , which would be enough to entice me along …..was always run late Feb tho … was run by the Deer Stalkers many moons back , not sure who took over …..

I suspect it’s a seperate comp …..

yellowfin
    Participant

This is a different comp. The other one is always end of feb start of march but not sure if it will be on this year, depends if the organizers are motivated and can get sponsors.

Got a few seven gillers and a 17lb Schoolie last night at the Pier, was to calm for rig. Lots of small seven gillers around and seems like the dogfish have dropped their pups loads of them around as well.

Seven giller some asians got using liver for bait

elmo22
    Participant

went over to mokihinui (buller) for there fishing comp which is a 10 day event,we arrived boxing day,the day it stared, we set up our caravan at the motor camp and then went for a fish,the day was blue sky and hot sea was flat high tide was about 11am we went at 2pm the fishing was slow the wife got 2 small greyboys i got one,the next day was much the same got there about 7am and fished to 4pm long hot day we got 4 greyboys, next day fish late morning to about 2hrs after high approx 2pm. nextday day 4off comp fished late morining to 2pm then we fished the low tide at night and the wife got a rig and a snapper me nothing, didnt fish the next three days as rain and rough seas had well deserved beers went fishing all the next days with bugger all caught, comp finish on the 4th jan at midday and then we had prize giving and a good bbq the wife did very well she won $50 for a carpet shark heaviest fish day 2… $50 for rig heaviest fish day 4….$100 for snapper heaviest day 4…..and she won the overall snapper comp and won $300 for that so she came home will $500 for the comp………me i got a chocolate fish for helping a fellow fisherman who got knock over by a wave,,that was the biggest thing that i pull out of the sea; had to leave caravan over there as had car problems lost 1st and 2nd gear , have fixed gearbox and will head over there to pick it up as all my rods etc are in it .. feel naked that i dont have my rods in the shed and cant go fishing.Wife also won Trophy,,,for Ladies Heaviest fish,,,and no she is not the only female inthe comp,,,,lol

Duckman
    Participant

congrats to you both

Miliwolf
    Participant

Gave Karaka point a fish tonight, Targeting a Kingie, leaving home I thought it would be quite easy to get a KY so would not bother with smelly burley or bait. Got there, had the deep edge to myself

Got setup, first cast and had what felt like a KY strike. So things were looking good. What followed was 2 hours of casting and retrieving lures and I had 2 KY follow it in…. Its the third time I gone there with no burley, I really should have learned my lesson by now.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

seperate family comp run by the local playcentre to raise funds..weigh in and info at my place.. :grin:good on you two at the west coast..was trev there? :grin:

PierMaster
    Participant

sweet ian ill be there!

St_Paul
    Participant

Miliwolf

yellowfin
    Participant

My mate was up Karaka Pt last Thursday. He always goes for a snorkel and retrieves peoples snagged sinkers and lures. He seen 3 kings and a spearo who was down there seen a school of 10 or so.
    Went back the next day to send out live baits but had no luck.

elmo22
    Participant

no trev wasnt there,text him before we went to westport for supples but not hear from him.. last year there was alot of eles getting caught around oct-nov with alot of you people getting limit bag and catch and release by what iv read there dosnt seen to be any were near the fish being caught this year what do you others out there think

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

HIPP
    Participant

back from the west coast,not much to report:(sea very rou
    gh for most of it had one crack at it but kept getting washed up,got a feed of mullet,kahawai and released a small flounder from the net…but thats it,saw 4 deer but none taken.

Will try the east coast again,see if the fishing gods will allow me a feed yet;:), cheers, hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.