Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    tackles hack
    Participant

sorry cant zac.. bac 2 work on mon. fishings been quiet along here. went out early thurs morn the prawn and cray leg teaser did the damage. beamer and i caught 4 rig 1 ele. hey birdlings good of u 2 send every shag from yr way up here, there was a amazing work up prob 1.5k out there. we watched wave after wave of them come past the sea looked like a black oil slick. we managed 2 snag a couple tryin 2 make it home. they were throwing up those little shiny fish u showed us earlyerin the mag..we estimate u got 100000 of them 2 feed up there. happy new year fishos

Miliwolf
    Participant

I plan on winning it this year :grin:

Even went down the coast and targeted the big sharks for practice, had to remember how I did my shark Rigs :oops: Been 2 years I think since I last tried for them. Blanked which is unusual for that spot.

Duckman
    Participant

hey mili, be up your way on wednesday, and fish between rarangi and the bar, are the ky running at the diversion yet, cheers

Miliwolf
    Participant

Have not seen them there myself, but when the river has been clear people have been catching them. For the last few weeks it has been in one flood after another…..

StPaul spends more time at the diversion then me so if he decides to answer it would be more knowledgeable then mine.

Duckman
    Participant

cheers mili

HIPP
    Participant

Hoorah we are back :) well done Zac, musta been awsome with the cast net.

Ive been out quite afew times over the xmas period, still seem to be carrying some bad JUJU, not sure whats going on, but no Eleies this year so far and a Rig apiece for me and cobber.

Been to Coopers, Dorie, Baylies, Manuka Bay,Amberly to like or no avail, very sad…..on a brighter note I bagged to beauty trout last night at Lake Lyndon on the fly.

Off to the westcoast soon, see what I might find there,

Happy New Year to all, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

me and a mate got 3 nice moki yesterday off the beach at Kaikoura. Went down the wharf after dark but not alot happening.

Went to Birdlings on boxing day. Nice day but no fish.

Been for a few snorkles for Paua and Crays but not much luck with the spear gun.

gunnercoops
    Participant

down at Kaikoura railway station yesterday, caught bugger all, doggie, mullet…went to wharf, caught the smallest Terakahi ever, saw some moki early on in evening by the piles, couple of Barracoutta caught.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Snapper fish last night in the Sounds, was a gusty nor-wester blowing at home but conditions were pleasant in the Sounds. Was high tide, so accessing my normal spot would have been ‘fun’, so fished a alternative. Lost a lot of gear to begin with but as the tide went out I could see and avoid rocks much easier.

Only caught two Pannies and a small Kahawai.

St_Paul
    Participant

Miliwolf

Duckman
    Participant

thanks st_paul, yeah heading up wednesday for the day but weather looks crap, may get out, shit haven’t been up that way for about 8 yrs, prolly changed heaps

fishforpot
    Participant

Wont be going to Kaikoura , it’s rigged

Will spend the day at the Amberly comp instead ,friendly , honest competition , even if the prizes are less ….after all the sleepless nights I wouldnt trust myself driving home from Kaikoura lol , probably fall asleep

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a fish by Queen Charlotte yacht club while in Picton, nothing around at night, oldest son got a trevally during the day, also lots of small spotties around. Didn’t fish much as the weather was crap pretty much the whole time we were there.
    Didn’t bring the kayak but went on a cheap fishing charter – $75 for a 6 hr trip – got blue cod, perch, gurnard.

yellowfin
    Participant

Anybody tried behind the Smithfield or Paerora Meat works in Timaru region? And if so are the locations hard to access (I have a disabled partner)? Latest catches… one lemon shark about one metre long caught by Yacht Club at Timaru.

Rocky

smokin’ joe
    Participant

rocky

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.