Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    tackles hack
    Participant

WELL DONE zac same as mine.. MERRY CHRISTMAS every 1 …………………. and u beamer. all the BEST

HIPP
    Participant

Merry Christmas everyone,I look forward to getting out a bit more now,stillholding out hope of an elle or two for the freezer. Best of luck to you all I look forward to the posts of your bountyful catches. Cheers, hipp

oldgreyboy
    Participant

went north of timaru this xmas morn early flat sea one baby schoolie too flat i think for a rig and merry xmas everyone

fishforpot
    Participant

Bayleys last night , 5 rods a half mile down the beach from us appeared to catch jack squat …..we got a couple of doggies …an almost keepable schoolie and a smaller one …
    About 9.30pm we landed a nice cow ele …..the only fish worth keeping argh ……..
    We had the best of baits , and worked bloody hard till 11pm for our pittyful haul

Doubt it’s the EQ’s , but who knows ….

oldgreyboy – the best rig fishing I every had was middle of the day , sun beaming down , sea flat as a pancake and purple/blue clean …..catch and releasing them as fast as we could cast and rebait ….just a crab claw on a hook was all that ya needed for bait …. that was at Pendarves ….Mainwarings you may know it as ?

elmo22
    Participant

merry christmas to all fishos hope that we all get a few fish and some tales to tell in the new year will be away over the coast till early new year fishing every day were possible all the best to every one on here

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

good luck on the coast..stay upright..cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

O.M.G. I think I am going to burst,as usual little control of xmas day food intake.Now wheres that wiskey to help it settle, burp!, and fart.Merry christmas fat pukooked fishermen.

tackles hack
    Participant

yes fish 4 pot our 5 rods were benine last night. but ourfire was magic. dont really do the night fish but 2 rellys came out 4 thenight so we gave it a crack. we left midnight only little greys. superb conditions.. 2 moro mornin all go…… just herd

fishforpot
    Participant

You come in from the Taumutu end I assume ??? ….I hardly ever do the night fish thing , normally have caught my lot before dark ….last 2-3 times out Ive had to fish into the dark just get a feed ….though the other night was a waste of energy once it got dark ….a mate found the same thing 2 nights prior , it died once the sun dropped …

You were a bit closer this time ? havent been able to see your rods the other times Ive seen people down that far ….could actually see your line in the sun with naked eye , could make out the stubbies you were sucking on with binoculars lol …

Bloody doggies will have to thin out soon , surely

tackles hack
    Participant

was bac ther this mornin magic conditions.. fish are elsewhere. yes fish4pot acces the lake hit the tide mark the tree o=prob 8k along. the ele tricky 2 find after newyears cant remember a fish in jan… hopin 2 change that.. even tryed past the tree2day. a long gathering of ky seen drivin bac home. the sea cleaned right up thismornin… luck out there

fishforpot
    Participant

Had oodles of eles in jan and feb ….not unusual to have a dead quiet week at this time of the year , can recall numerous years where the rig vanish for a few weeks , then return …..
    Maybe they are hard out shagging and layings eggs etc , the ele we got the other night had to fully formed pods ready to bury …..

Just gotta work harder I guess , keep the baits fresh , try different things …it’s more like true fishing , cause that spot along the beach is normally like going to the supermarket ….

Heading out tonight , looks like it’s gunna be a lovely evening …1 fish will do me

yellowfin
    Participant

Here’s pics of the schoolie. First attempt at weighing it broke my berkley scales, looked at them after and they only go up to 22kg/50lb. 23kg weighed on my second scales.

<a href="“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All the people helping release the babies, must’ve been around 20 of them

<a href="“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Other catches were congers, skate and a 5kg schoolie just south of the railway beach. Big schools of kahawai came up the beach Saturday, was getting 4 or 5 big ones at a time in my cast net off the beach just for fun and releasing them, was crazy. My new cast net came in handy managed squid, mullet and kahawai in it.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

very cool Zac very cool :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Who’s going up to the Kaikoura comp?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Not me..Zac but good luck to anyone who goes….Happy new year all,…its all Kahawai kahawai kahawai/moki/kahawai . here.. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.