Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

good question Zac, i wouldnt think there is anything wrong with it, i got a kahawai a few weeks ago at sumner ate it and well i aint sick,

St_Paul
    Participant

Was down in Kaikoura on wednesday/thursday. Heaps of kahawai close to shore at the railway station but they head well off shore when the easterly blows.

yellowfin
    Participant

Planning on getting up to kaikoura next month hopefully I’ll spend a few days there and the weathers good

yellowfin
    Participant

same here zac, heading up for the long weekend

fishforpot
    Participant

South Rakia hutts yesterday morning , a fishing club held a surfcasting morning ….dogs and 1 small greyboy ……
    Still to early boys and girls

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

Yea heading up the weekend of the final. meeting a mate from the sounds there , not too worried what we catch as we havnt seen each other in about 8 years. lost contact after i got kicked outta school, Hope to get out next weekend for a fish or sorts to try out the new rods , Should be a fewthings around kaikoura by the long weekend few kahawai and various other things. might pop into the pub for a couple of quiet ones, though last time i said tat got a tad pissed but smoked cod cleared the hang over extremely fast. then again it depends whos in the final. might not be even worth watching

yellowfin
    Participant

Hope to get out for a cast this weekend! forecast i saw was not great looked like abit of rain which will mean i wont have to work! Keen to get out and use the new rods

I_TRY
    Participant

Got a nice kahawai out at sumner couple weeks back, I ate it and it was all good. Tried birdlings last Saturday but went to crap not long after I arrived! Really need to figure out how to read the forecast out those ways before travelling that far.

fishforpot
    Participant

try this link ….its a virtual wavebouy a mile off Bayleys beach

http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?r … 12&units=e

I_TRY
    Participant

Awesome, that helps heaps! Thanks fishforpot

Fishmish
    Participant

Fished this afternoon between aerials and baleys pretty quiet until sunset caught two skate definitely gets busier on change of light.

yellowfin
    Participant

Also try this

http://www.swellmap.com/surfing/new-zea … lings-flat

I find anything above 2 meter swell is to rough. Anything under 1 meter is calm.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

this is here because we have had a gutsfull of commercial boats trawling up and down our beach! :mad:

yellowfin
    Participant

What are they targeting Birdlings?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.