Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    tackles hack
    Participant

no luc last night. sea rough at times perfect conditions 4 beers. long line out they were on the ele. seems 2 be anything with a spike was big enough. shame really only 2 good size fish the rest still should of been released. go the long liners…. off we went beers and beers. the best sleep i had since day 1 .. shoulder got far more movement now. had phone call this mornin me cobber wanted 2 do all the work so picked him up and off 2 the tree we went. his castin is pretty sad but the tree seemed 2 let them no we were there….4 big cows even 1 bycatch good times were had.. even my cobber caught a ele. i been 2 the tree 3 times in the last 2weeks…. score 13 ele 1 bycatch and he is 4 tea

Duckman
    Participant

just got back from ambo beach, got my first rig, medium size, great fun :grin:

tackles hack
    Participant

very well done duckman congrats… weather 2 day looks even better . 4got the sunscreen yesterday bad look… oouch

yellowfin
    Participant

Congrats, duckman it was only a matter of time.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yeah congrats duckman may there be many more in the future.. :grin: :grin: :D

Duckman
    Participant

thanks guys, guna try again today

fishforpot
    Participant

Duckman , your in Waipara ?? I wouldnt bother with Amberly , head North to Conway Flats …. as with all fishing , it can be hit or miss , and even with Amberly improving year by year , I think you will do miles better at Conway

Some reports from yesterday ……. Spencer park loaded with sea lettuce

Baileys beach spot X fished ok last night …..sea was 6foot ish and appeared to be lifting a little ……..rig of 14 and 22 pound landed , a 30 pound plus monster lost in the surf by first timer , and a 16lb ele caught ……unusally tho , it went quiet after dark …….

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

my back went out in sympathy with hardy and tacklehack the other day sea was beautiful here last night nobody fishing…and again today lovely off the carpark..think I will armchair fish 4 a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRD-UdV294

Duckman
    Participant

cheers for that fish forpot, yip planing a trip up to conway soon, just need more fuel but ambo’s ok at times

tackles hack
    Participant

well hope every1 is ok out there…. that shake should keep the fish quiet.. hope u were sittin down ian. hope ya back eases up.. sea conditions perfect.. fish long gone.. must of knowin watwas goin down

Duckman
    Participant

was at ambo beach and yip no fish, be gone for a few days, first quake was standing up, {felt funny} second was sitting on a big log wow even that moved, so packed up and headed home

yellowfin
    Participant

do fish disappear after earthquakes or something? I was considering heading out later tonight but dont wanna waste my time

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah people say they disappear or go off the bite after earthquakes. Dont know if its rumour or true.
    In the fishing news the area reports often said after feb and sept that canterbury and marlborough went quiet after the quakes.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

during the quakes today i watched the dolphins working fish,the terns diving on baitfish and a school of kahawai working up and down the beach..and tonight i watched a bloke haul up an elephantfish by the cliff!!There is no reason for the fish to go off the bite during or after an earthquake… :razz: maybe the fisherman go off the fishing! :razz:

yellowfin
    Participant

Squid from the kaikoura wharf tonight ready for bait. Just posting from my phone, hope to do a bit of surfcasting next few days.

“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.