Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

A yellow cod Ian , caught one last time I fished down near the rocks , was many years ago …….

Heading over to Black rock tomorrow night , gunna give the live baits on the bottom another crack …see if any sharks are hunting around the area …..

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

nope this is a yellow cod
    https://fishingmag.co.nz/Yellow-Cod-Parapercis-gilliesi-family-Pinguipedidae-indentifaction.htm

its a real maori chief..unlike sea perch who people call maori chiefs.. :grin:

we get a few down there every year…

fishforpot
    Participant

Your dead right , I shoulda taken a closer look ….. caught enough of the suckers , as seahunter will confirm , he gets to eat them all lol ……

The yellow around the gills “at a glance” made me think it was a cod …. pretty sure I caught one years ago at the cliffs ….the gills sorta concertinaed out and were a striking yellow

Miliwolf
    Participant

Nasty breezy night, so went fishing :grin:

Went to a old favorite the small pier at the grove, wind was gusty and there was even a swell in the inner sounds. Water was dirty and I did not like the look of things. There was a guy already fishing there and I notice a pannie in his bucket so that got me motivated. The action was fairly steady and I landed around 7 Pannies, 1 Ray and a couple of Kahawai. The wind would calm down for a few minutes before a gale force gust would blow everything around again.

Participant

“>

Nice mixed bag caught this afternoon

sevengiller
    Participant

Hey JustFishing where did ya catch them. Great catch :)

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

In the corner of their mouths! Jeesh… :lol:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

nice fish..I hope you got all the sand outa them..lol :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Birdlingsflat

gunnercoops
    Participant

Had a hour on Waikawa breakwater Friday, loads of KY in the 2-3lb mark, good fun on light trout gear. Some young lads were catching small Trevally. Tried with bait for some snapper in the evening, but too many small things stripping the baits in seconds!

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey seven giller, look carefully at the clues left by justfishing.
    1) definately saltwater fish.
    2) no stones or shingle in photo
    3) sand everywhere
    Therefore I can deduce that above fish were probably caught between sumner to leithfeild beach.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

PORT Underwood—Milli-
    partner was called back to work at those times had to cancell

-I may just have to holiday here amongst the palm trees and golden sands of the bahamas of canterbury..

Participant

Thanks guys …..
    Yep all sand free now, Bloody sand and that was after i had washed them for photo lol …..
    Caught down pines beach sevengiller all on crab …

beameer
    Participant

This is on behalf of Tackles Hack…………..the Grey Boy he got last week ………..wonder if this had anythig to do with the hoirrific injury he is now sporting :eek:

Went for a look this morning sea clean but heaps of bull kelp drifting every where pretty much unfishable ,pretty calm here now so maybe tomorrow :roll:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

nice!fish :grin: ..calming here clean water no kelp..will do an evening Moki fish methinks

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.