Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Got more rig at the pier Thursday and Friday nights, a lot of small ones but a mate got a 18lb one Thursday, biggest last night was 12.5lb. Fell asleep and crashed into a parked car driving home at 5am so won’t be getting out for a bit.

yellowfin
    Participant

lol zac, funny as. Not for the person who owned the parked car tho!

yellowfin
    Participant

Well no insurance and both cars are pretty badly damaged I’ll be paying for the other car so I wont be fixing mine. That’s what happens driving tired, doesn’t pay to fish on work nights and get 3 hours sleep.

fishforpot
    Participant

Might be lucky you didnt get a careless use conviction …..expensive fishing trip lol

HIPP
    Participant

Glad your ok Zak, I too get tired driving somesome nights. Insurance at least third party is a must….now shall i go for a fish tonight? bout to pull the pin at work but am pretty buggerd, no pain no gain they say:)

yellowfin
    Participant

Ouch. It’s best to pull over for a sleep if you’re that tired, I always have a blanket in the car just in case, it’s come in handy a few times.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Good to meet you Zac ,Hipp..down at bayleys tonight..look forward to your reports on the rest of the evening..1 rig to fiery ginga..I hope more came along after I left..but hey it twas a bloody nice evening! :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I was there too from 7-11pm, hooked and lost a nice fish but nothing else, bait was getting picked pretty quickly. I seen you birdlings as you left, we were the most northerly fishos there, you tooted as you whizzed by lol..awesome evening to be out.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went out to a local beach with a mate friday evening 7-10.30 . Spent three hours with no action and had just made the call to head for home, when my mate noticed action on one of the rods, let him have it and after a battle of tug o war, had the fish close enough to the beach for me to wade in and tail a very nice Rig, weight 25lb. Crab was the bait

HIPP
    Participant

Nice fish Hooklinesinker, lotsa fillits on that one:),

kevo 85, i thought it might of been you there, Hope Ginga and Zac did better for sticking it out, we woulda stayed longer, such a nice night, but alass work today, Hipp

tackles hack
    Participant

out at 7 this mornin. first cast ele time. even used prawn. then skate carpets dogs greys. left them 2 it. ma mate stayed just herd he got 15 lb ele 20 min ago. this evening i be back

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish guys, slightly off topic but spent the evening on sat up kaiks, between us got 30 paua, and 3 crays on snorkel. So many paua about if you know were to look.

yellowfin
    Participant

Spent 630am – 11am at Mainwarings this morning, not a thing, watched a couple of other fishos come and go. Was given some crabs by a guy staying there in his campervan to try as I run out of prawns (big thanks if your on here), still no luck almost starting to believe you guys are making up all these supposed rig and eles that are about :), one of the others got a couple of doggies, definately nice not having them on the line every couple of minutes using prawns and crabs. Followed some birds working along the beach with a hex spinner but soon got sick of running to keep up with them. Beat being at work anyway :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

Spent the night in Kaikoura, but whiskey kept me away from the wharf :sad: , but there are same very big schools of Moki around at the moment. Fishing around Shark Tooth at low tide might get onto them.

fishforpot
    Participant

Cattleridge , if you get there at 5am with fresh crab baits , and present them right , I’d pick you wouldnt return home empty handed …..

A mate fished at Bayleys this morning with a local fishing club ….he managed 2 carpet sharks , someone caught a decent rig , and doggies made up the rest of the tally …

Maybe the trawlers went thru late Friday night , Saturday morning …should have been a lot more fish about going off our catch on Friday night ….

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.