Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

good spotting goober they would not have survived yup 25 hooks 24 doggies and one big fella..as i said the %$&@#!! season is upon us… :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I’d be curious to see what they’d get using dogfish for bait.. possibly less dogfish and more other fish. I know skate and sevengill sharks will happily eat dogfish, not sure about school sharks though.

yellowfin
    Participant

goin up to picton tnyt for the weekend and just wondering whats up there to catch and where to fish?

gunnercoops
    Participant

Booger

yellowfin
    Participant

Sam, look at page 23 of this thread.

I had a really good run with dogfish not eating my dogfish bait, until I went out with fishforpot one day. Another option is to use crab as they don’t seem to be interested in it, but then you’re probably going to miss out on school sharks, sevengillers, and several other species.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey guys, keen to get out tomorrow now that whitebaitings over and done with, where would be better to go, im after ele’s and kahawai ?? out of pines beach , birdlings or spencer park ?? well im just keen to catch whatever bites really haha

yellowfin
    Participant

cheers. if anyone up there this weekend and keen for a fish give me a txt 0278244368 mite even be able to get you out on the boat for a fish, (staying on boat for weekend)

yellowfin
    Participant

crackawoody

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

right place at the right time..caught at fishermans24 spot (pylons)7 pm this eve on a ticer..30 mins of wall to wall fish..I gave up after 4 kahawai and a sea run trout

now I crank up Mr Bradleys cousin ACME smoker!

oompalompa
    Participant

lol thats awesome. good job

yellowfin
    Participant

I wish I had been there. Welll done!

tackles hack
    Participant

caught my biggest grey shark this evening. guessin 25kgs then 3 ele turned up and she was all go. fished 7 till 9.30′ sea is incredibley blue. my bud watched it all happen his rod strangely quiet. geees he not happy. bizzare how that happens. hopin 2 post photo. the trawlers are busy

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well thats 5 big greyboys along the same bit of coast then-all about that size..yup trawlers everywhere tonight lights everywhere… :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

Trawlers were far enough offshore to not worry me tonight , as you say tho , there were several …….watched a large bird workup go past half a mile offshore as we were setting up …..
    A bunch of guys south of us looked like they were working a torpedo ……certainly plenty far along from any handy public access , so maybe those poachers

We caught half a dozen rig , 10 and 12 lb were the biggest ….a couple of small schoolies and a couple of ele’s , both cows 1 smaller and 1 large ….put most fish back …..

We didnt fish it hard …1 rod each , and a fair bit of the time my gear wasnt in the water ….young guy I took had most of the fun ….

Maori calander was fairly right , was quiet as far as the spot usually fishes , and the fish werent big …..bite times were spot on again , 6-8pm …..then a quiet patch before the sun went down …..

Miliwolf
    Participant

I really do not see the point of Topedos unless you want to poach, its possible to catch more then enough fish with a single rod most evenings, if you need more then fish three. I probably caught 50kg of Rig over three trips this spring and that was only using two rods and probably less then 7 hours combined fishing time….

Most Contiki’s users , at least of our east coast south island beaches catch more unwanted by catch then desirable species anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.