Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Duckman
    Participant

if anyone can post a pic of their hooked prawn and elastic tie please do as would like to see how it’s done, cheers

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

or like socky says just thread the hook thru….then tie..I admit this is a large shrimp tail..(scampi)ok all good?? :grin:

bling bling elastic from torpedo

Duckman
    Participant

cheers birdlings, the ones i brought last week were the tails and were shelled, did use very thin copper wire but still got nibbled off

fisherman24
    Participant

Yer nice rig Zac, wish i could of stayed longer last night . May have to pull an all nighter there soon as i only live down the road.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup ya wanna get the whole ones if ya can..the copperwire would have been good for any rig with arthritis..lol..

(use the tackle talk thread for questions this thread is supposed to be for latest catches cheers) :grin:

Duckman
    Participant

lol, i tried cotton but too fiddly, so went with wire

tackles hack
    Participant

been no signs of any torpeedos up here lately. mind u the eles have gone quiet. hope they on the run the poachers. last season the fishing was impressive.75 percent of our ele are caught with squid always handy in bait bucket

yellowfin
    Participant

Seen a lot of eles caught at the pier on squid, also had them on mullet but nothing beats shellfish like tua tua or small crab baits. Have also had rig on bonito and think someone got one on chicken heart. Got a rig the other night on tua tua so they will eat anything if hungry especially the smaller ones. You wouldn’t go out targetting rig and ele with squid and chicken heart though..

tackles hack
    Participant

i seen plenty of boxes of squid turned in2 ele heaven’ ya dont get much choice out here in the bait depo . sea horrid brown still

HIPP
    Participant

Had a look at the pines beach area, couldnt sea where to get close to the beach with the vehicle tonight, went for a walk though,wind fair screaming, leave for another day,shot up to Amerly beach 8pm to 10Pm not a sausage:(, fresh prawn and a small crayfish leg for bait not even licked.
    Anyone know the best acess road to pines beach area where I can get a4wd close without risk of getting stuck?

Hope you guys had a better day, Cheers, hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Just straight down the river and onto the beach. Thats where I see everyone else entering.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished pier yesterday after work got a few kahawai mate guy got a 8lb schoolie

yellowfin
    Participant

HIPP

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

3 piles of fish left at Bayleys today this afternoon

as I came home from X spot tonight I stopped to watch these jokers wind in a nice greyboy on their torpedo..

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice school shark, pity about what looks like the bycatch in the background..

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.