Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    smokin’ joe
    Participant

HookLineSinker

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

cooked prawns are firmer..wind hell out of them with elastic or cotton i prefer red-..i dont put the hook thru them but often use two with the hook in the middle and the barb well exposed-works for me..others may have more advice..cheers :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I break the head off cooked prawns and thread hook thru body lenghtwise till hook comes out near the tail.Push prawn right up to eye or even past eye and put heaps of bait elastic up and down prawn,making sure to do several wraps above hook eye so prawn stays up there.That can stand big brutal casts and a fair bit of picking .

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished Pier last night through the outgoing then incoming tide, packed up about 4.30. I had caught 9 or 10 rig by the end of the night, biggest 15lb a lot of smaller ones around. Another guy lost one that would’ve been around 15lb trying to pull it up was to hard to gaff it big swell and whitewater coming through at low tide when we got it.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Zac what the hell do you do with all those rig?

Miliwolf
    Participant

He grinds them into a powder which is a vital ingredient in a skin moisturizing product he makes, specifically to use on Hamsters suffering from anxiety. There is really no market for such a product, so most are released.

yellowfin
    Participant

Got a nice sized rig at Pines beach at 2,30.Low tide and hot wind at my back.Pleasant for a change.

fisherman24
    Participant

I thought i would give Lyttleton a go on Saturday and fished from midnight till 4 am and had one rig about 10lb.

I also fished the pier last night till 10.30 but no bites.Wot time did u start geting bites zac ?

HookLineSinker
    Participant

smokin’ joe

fishforpot
    Participant

I imagine he was catch and releasing Ian …..either that or he’s supplying the local FnC shop ………speaking of which , I heard of a small group of guys using 2 torpedos taking huge numbers of fish from Taumutu / Coopers area ……MAF are on the case ….lets hope the book is thrown at the plonkers

yellowfin
    Participant

been absent a while so thought id put im my 8 cents fished pier last weekend with Zac and pier master managed a 17.1lb rig fished amberley the next night got a 14ish poound rig, the weekend just been fished amberley sat morning shit conditions with alot of crap in the water branches etc couldnt see this as i arrived at 2 am waves breaking 100m out at least with a huge surge , managed a ele though suprisingly and two doggys then fished sumner/scarborough the sat night and got a nice 14lb rig on the out going tide, gave up around midnight as too many lice stewaling my crab and too much lettuce around.

So in all this season hasnt been too great so far but will improve managed 14 rig thus far all keepers and 3 eles

yellowfin
    Participant

Been getting the rig at the pier on all tides including dead low tide. Usually start getting them after dark 9.30 or 10. First one last night was about 10.30 on my mates rod while he was down at his car so I landed it. Then had a pretty consistent flow of them right through low tide until I packed up at 4.30. I only kept the 15lb one and another one I gave away all the rest were released.

Few rig pics from last few weeks

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Nice Rig Zac! :grin: :grin: :grin:

smokin’ joe
    Participant

fishforpot

Miliwolf
    Participant

Both raw and cooked should last quite a while.

Went for a Surf-cast at Blue Gum tonight, arrived 7:30 and the action was almost immediate, all up landed 4 Rig, 1 Small, 2 Medium and 1 big. Run out of bait elastic around 8:30pm so packed up. Also lost mu pliers, luckily I had two spare pairs at home :( Weather was nice enough, a few powerful gusts to ruin a otherwise nice evening.

So 6 Rig for the season.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.