Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

4 sale on TM-beautiful day down the beach today..I may have to pop down and have a look…….

yellowfin
    Participant

I seen that on trademe last night. thought it would be a good thrasher for going down the ashley river and up and down the beach.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went down to Amberley Beach for a couple of hours this afternoon. Westerly has flattened it out a bit.

Tail hooked a skate and seen a good work up off the beach. Not alot else going on down there.

Used Squid, Prawns, and Pipis.

Duckman
    Participant

was down ambo beach, broke me rod so it going back for an exchange, nothing biting yet again lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Was alot of shellfish getting washed up with cracked shells. Never noticed that before. But was good for fresh bait. My bait was disappearing everytime. Suspect it was probably crabs or small fish.

sevengiller
    Participant

Hiya Guys has any one had any luck out at Spencer Park lately as thinking of having a fish there tomorrow.:)

fishforpot
    Participant

I think it was last Sunday I got an ele and rig there ……drove down the beach yesterday lunchtime , guys had a torpedo out …they had several ele’s on the beach and left a dead schoolie of about 3lb for the gulls to eat …..

Had a cast Monday …was dead , certainly fires better in the morning and evening , like most beaches

Sea is flatish at the mo , just came back along there …..NorEast tomorrow ?? South side is a mess I believe , maybe Kaik’s is the go for tomorrow

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes Sevengiller, I took my boys there last night after tea, caught an ele on crab halfway through the outgoing tide, probably not the best time in the tide cycle to target them but we weren’t complaining with the result.

elmo22
    Participant

was down spencer park today whitebaiting ,sea was nice and flat on way back from mouth of why-mac saw 2 ele heads on the beach looked pretty fresh

yellowfin
    Participant

Got a few rig between me and piermaster at the pier Friday night, fished outgoing tide then incoming think I ended up with 5 at the end of the night nothing of any size. A mate also got a 5 or 6kg ele just after dark.

yellowfin
    Participant

Whats it like out there today Birdlings?

I’ve got 2 yo’s coming round for a playdate so need an excuse to leave the house.

smokin’ joe
    Participant

dipped the lines in twice yesterday for their seasonal wetting.
    plenty of interest in prawn for bait, but were getting stripped.
    wife landed a couple of small Moki looking species, but released

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

unfishable this morning best on the other side of the hills.. :grin:

HookLineSinker
    Participant

popped down the coast yesterday evening to target rig, caught a couple and headed home again, first for the season using prawns for bait.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got a Sevengiller at St andrews today :grin: , Sea was clean but a little rough.
    Sevengiller was around 60lb and 5.5ft long.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.