Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Duckman
    Participant

well, very shit tonight, 3 and a half hours fishing and only 1 bite :mad:

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Amberley last night for a couple of hours. Not a thing. Was using Prawns. Really need to go catch some crabs.

Was at least a dozen rods out along the beach when I arrived. And a dude put out a kontiki.

Might go whitebaiting today instead if the rain isnt too bad.

HIPP
    Participant

Also went to Ambo beach last night with friends, Five Guys and a rod each and not a sausage!!!all useing Prawn.

very dissapointing but nice way to spend time with ya mates. Didnt see you Duckman, which end you at?

Birdling and Sockey, very well done guys., Cheers Hipp

Duckman
    Participant

down oppersite the golf coarse start of the gravel

oldgreyboy
    Participant

south of timaru this morn about 10.30 had work before that 2 ky thats all

St_Paul
    Participant

yes but then you’d have to live in spring creek ;-)

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

My dad was living there whilst they were doing a drainage contract there for 6 months or so. Used to go up for the weekend.

Halfway between the diversion and the bar. Close enough to Robinhood the port etc, picton one way, blenheim the other, and a road direct to Renwick to head to Havelock.

Only annoying thing was the trains.

yellowfin
    Participant

The best place for a keen surfcaster to live is beside the beach, no wasted trips,going out in the really good conditions only.That would be my paradise.Worth the risk of the odd tsunami warning.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I hate having to go fishing all the time when the signs are good…..Im popping down to try gulp freshwater crawfish and bling bling elastic on the elles..they see colour and was using red cotton last year :grin: :???: :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well the craws worked too well..thats full ticks for GULP bait,,..every time it hit the water BANG small greyboy..yet to try the bling string..heres one of many sunfish we get here washed up every year..this one was a few yards to the north of bayleys beach today

heaviest boned fish in the world adults weigh 1 tonne also known as the Mola Mola heres a you tube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ZQwlwbrQo

oompalompa
    Participant

i have NEVER seen anything like that. had no idea we had anything like that in nz waters-

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw that sunfish last night at Kaitorete Spit, first time i’d ever seen one…forgot to bring the camera.
    great photos Birdlings Flat. :grin:

I_TRY
    Participant

I have used gulp alive peeler crabs a couple times but have yet to catch anything on them! Anyone used the peeler crabs with success before?
    Good to see the craws work well birdlings!

Miliwolf
    Participant

I_TRY

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.