Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Birdlingsflat

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yeah its the old malted taste buds gone west..lol..We have a recipe for both over here..the latter is 1/4 bucket of bait or lamprey elva..handful of lake fly and two swans eggs(the lake fly climb in naturally)..and we dont need veges with these patties cos theres always a bit of cucumber taste from the odd smelt-I took a bucket(quarter full) to the last barby with two swans eggs..I was popular till the last dinner plate sized pattie was grabbed off the BBQ…..marvelous wot u can do with gratings…. :wink:

Duckman
    Participant

Got some pawns today, frozen but do you use them raw or cooked, if cooked how long do you cook them for

yellowfin
    Participant

Raw seems to work just fine mate

Duckman
    Participant

cheers for that

yellowfin
    Participant

Prawns seem to work raw or cooked.I like cooked cos you can eat them if fishing is slow.The ele i got today was on cooked prawn,the rig on crab at Birdlings flat.[im<a href="“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.usg][/img]

Duckman
    Participant

heading to ambo beach tonight so here’s hoping for my first rig :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I took Marlin for a fish after school today..set up the small rod for him…”Dad I think I have something big on my line!”Jeeeez..Dad helped land his fish…we photographed it then released it…

yellowfin
    Participant

A chip off the old block eh, Ian.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

hopefully thanks socky..good Rig! I got a rig earlier in the morning..and am out tonight to see whats about…?ya never know…whats lurking! :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

What’s conditions like out at birdlings Ian?

yellowfin
    Participant

Lookin at the photo with his son in it, it was looking pretty sweet after school today.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah but swellmap says otherwise, might head out soon for a few hours.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

very nice,,watched another shark the same size get reeled in and released too..these are mums full of babies..beach is fantastic at the mo..flat as :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I wished I lived 1 minute from the beach…. 25 minute drive for me :(

Tempted to move to spring creek to be closer to the fish.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.