Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

Not really complaining , just wouldnt call it lucky ……been spoilt rotten this season ….Labour Monday I caught 24lb in 30mins …been some insane catches at the Waimac mouth ……

Gunna be eating it until the cows come home lol

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

good on ya Boomslangnz i hope thats the concrete and not the carpet in photo 3..
    well it looks like some people have plenty of grated potato in their freezers… :P

HIPP
    Participant

Fished coopers lagoon this evening, no good at all,prawn baits getting stripped no bites at all,very sad.

saw a longline out but even they did no good another chap called by for a yarn and he had been down to the salmon farm area,also with no joy:(…..may give Amberly tomorrow evening weather permitting.
    Great to see some of you doing very well,the shallow beaches seem to be fishing well,I may have to give that a try.,Hipp

Participant

Shot out after tea tonight..
    1 ele 3 good size greyboy..
    Nice fish guys

yellowfin
    Participant

Went for a fish at Spencer park, got my limit of 5 elephant fish, there seems to be a lot of good spots for catching them at the moment. I ran into a guy there called Paul from up North who was four times NZ surfcasting champion or something.

I_TRY
    Participant

good one booger! I have never fished spencer although I have heard many good things about it! Is there any particular wind or anything to avoid there? I went there once but the surf was far too intense to fish. I’m new to the game so any advise would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

It was the first time I’ve fished there but I would say a westerly wind would be good as this would be an offshore wind, flattening the waves a bit and helping your casts go further.
    Use http://www.swellmap.com to see what the surf is going to be like, if New Brighton and Kairaki are OK then it should be OK too. I usually go by the face height/set wave face and look for a beach where it will be 1.5m or less.

I_TRY
    Participant

Awesome, cheers mate. Much appreciated!

tackles hack
    Participant

how do men. i live in southbridge.love chasing ele. fish from rakaia north. got a question 4 the lads……. we have a group of punks fishing torpedo stile. they seem 2 have no limits on there nos. have a van with monster bin 4 storage. herd they sellin there catch on way back 2 town. any ideas 2rid our coastline of these meat hunters. HELP

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Get their number plate no and vehicle description to… :grin:

Report a Poacher
    0800 4 Poacher
    (0800 4 76224)

yellowfin
    Participant

Ring Maf to report excess fish catches.Getting their number plate would be a help.
    Fished Amberly for a short time last nite.Got one rig 4-5 lb.Still got a good amount of fillets off it.Smoking it today if I can get it lit.Hehehe.

tackles hack
    Participant

thanks birdlings. they need 2 be sorted. white suzuki white hiace van. shame bout weather on holiday darn it

yellowfin
    Participant

Drove down to pegasus yesterday to see if I could see any channels to fish in along the beach there, unfortunately it was near high tide… They’ve got a carpark right down to the beach now, so its easy access if their is a channel or 2 along that stretch, I figure if amberley, spencers and pines is fishing ok then woodend/ashley/pegasus should be much the same.

yellowfin
    Participant

Got 2 rig at the pier last night had to pack up early for work in the morning

tackles hack
    Participant

lucky i got 2 ele when we were over haast. get 2 start holiday with a feed mmmm deep fryed goodness

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.